[6.9.2] Upgraded from 6.8.3 to 6.9.2 and now Windows 10 Pro VM BSOD

I just upgraded from 6.8.3 to 6.9.2 and now my "main" Windows VM keeps crashing (blue screen of death, BSOD) about 2 minutes after the first user logs in.

I booted the VM into safe mode, downloaded BlueScreenView http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html and used it to see that the cause is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 and sometimes the "Caused By Driver" is ntoskrnl.exe (NT Kernel & System) and sometimes its ndis.sys (Network Driver Interface Specification).

I don't know the right way to fix this. I assume that there has been a KVM change in unRAID from 6.8.3 to 6.9.2 and now I need to update the VM drivers but I don't know which ones. My first through is the network driver due to ndis.sys being listed in the minidump, but running in safe mode with network connectivity seems to work fine with the VirtIO network driver.

Any suggestions or directions on something to try would be appriciated.

A little bit more data...

I've updated all VirtIO drivers to 0.1.185 and still got BSOD.

I removed the bridge interface from the VM and still get the BSOD.

I waited at the log in screen and also still get the BSOD (no user logged in).

• 1 year later...
Just now, aniel said:

am having this issue 

What issue are you having exactly? This thread is over 1 year old. And this thread is about an issue encountered when upgrading from 6.83 to 6.92.

Since you just joined the forum, I assume you aren't upgrading from 6.83 to 6.92.

And I see you are posting about whatever problem in multiple threads. Please don't post about the same problem in multiple threads. It makes it impossible to coordinate responses.

Since this thread was dead and your post didn't add anything meaningful to it, I am going to lock it.

Anybody wishing to help this user, see their other thread here:

• trurl locked this topic