[6.9.2] USB died need help checking configuration.

Hi Everyone,

As the title states my usb died.

It died just a few weeks after I replaced my old 3.0 usb which died after a few years of service.

As recommended by unraid and the community I bought the usb 2.0 Kingston DTSE9 (I bought 2 as if I knew this would happen).

Sadly today I logged into unraid it was a white background which I normally do not have and it all just looked wrong after clicking around I saw in the USB log that it was throwing many errors very rapidly. I then thought it was a usb port issue and did a shutdown and put it into a different port it sadly did not boot anymore. I was able to copy out the config from the usb before it died permanently and windows said it was raw and could not be used until formatted.

I replaced the usb and unraid support helped me to get a new key and everything works again.

Now hopefully this is just 1 bad usb and it won't happen again just to be sure could someone help me check if I did not misconfigure anything that puts a lot of stress on my usb.

I also included a diagnostics file.

Many thanks!

zeus-diagnostics-20210525-1928.zip

Edited by Bleak
  • Bleak changed the title to [6.9.2] USB died need help checking configuration.