[Plugin] CoreFreq

logo.png.b469e908424a83ef684e92543a55dd92.png

(only Unraid 6.9.2+)

CoreFreq is a CPU low level monitoring software designed for x86_64-Processors. You can show Package and Core temps, Hot sensor, Vcore, RAM,...

You can also toggle SpeedStep, Clock modulation, Turbo boost, C-States demotion, C1E,...

It has also a built in stress test and much, much more.

To use it: Open up a unRAID Terminal and type in 'corefreq-cli' (without quotes), hit "F2" or "SPACE" to open up the menu inside CoreFreq.

Please note that not every combination of CPU and motherboard is supported!

Intel Systems: It is recommended that you append 'nmi_watchdog=0' (without qutoes) for better accuracy to your syslinux configuration (this is only recommended if you are using it directly on Unraid with a physical monitor and keyboard attached, if are using it over SSH it's not necessary because of the added network delay).

The Plugin is based on CoreFreq from the excellent work of @CyrIng. You can get more information here: https://github.com/cyring/CoreFreq

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/unraid-corefreq/master/corefreq.plg

WARNING: KEEP IN MIND, FREQUENCIES/CORE RATIOS ARE APPLIED IN REAL TIME, PLEASE ONLY CHANGE THE VALUES IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!

Please note that any changes persists between reboots, to remove the already made changes simply delete the plugin and reboot or remove the file '/config/plugins/corefreq/corefreq.cfg' on your USB Boot device and reboot.

Troubleshooting

If you got any problems, crashes when installing, random crashes of Unraid please be sure to always include the Diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded zip file here in the text box) in your post.

If you want to get in touch with @CyrIng or got any problems head over to his Github: Click

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Main Screen:

grafik.png.4e78d73fdbde31959dab79ffbffaacc0.png

Set Processor states:

grafik.png.be91d87a9a9360206cb0822cbc39b367.png

Dashboard:

grafik.png.3e67aecddc2c280680c50c0a32309edd.png

Performance Monitoring:

grafik.png.985ace1615f3415e775878eacc339051.png

Tools Menu:

grafik.png.a5658a0e55de24cc70534a67c7dbfacc.png

[F1] Shortcuts Menu:

grafik.png.5e38e07a30f1fd602d4e11b4b13f29e8.png

[F2] Main Menu:

grafik.png.7f1a4034dc6ffcfec9e692dc49cb56a0.png

[F3] View Menu:

grafik.png.ee996749c5f54803163df512706f1ee1.png

[F4] Window Menu:

grafik.png.e5390d72ce14a6b4d8fc5f8bc42020a0.png

If you run 'corefreq-cli -c' (without quotes) the client traces counters (press 'CTRL + C' to interrupt).

grafik.png.23e0eb93865630f9a9882db6595b1d2a.png

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, glennv said:

Only getting this error when calling corefreq-cli (via ssh)

Seems like something went really wrong when installing the plugin and the modprobe seems to fail.

Can you attach your Diagnostics here (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded zip file here in the text box).

Are you running a custom build of Unraid with the gnif patch installed?

7 minutes ago, glennv said:

Yes. Gnif and ZFS included 6.9.2 build (using your buikder docker)

This is the problem... The gnif/vendor-reset patch makes it impossible to load a module after the vendor-reset patch is applied to the system.

The plugin has to load a module and append it to the Kernel in order to work correctly and since it can't load the module the daemon start fails and without the module and the daemon corefreq-cli can't work.

The same would happen if you install for example the DVB, ZFS, USBIP or Nvidia plugin (or any plugin that needs to load a module) and can result in a hard lock of Unraid itelf...

Hope that makes sense to you...

Ahaaaaaa. That also explains my issues with ZFS plugin if i tried (and failed) to use it in combination with the build kernel with gnif/vendor-reset only, instead of including it in the build (as i run now). I tried that some time ago to make version upgrades easier (to not loose zfs functionality , which also houses my dockers etc) during an upgrade/rebuild phase).

Unfortunately i need 100% the gnif patch as is the only solution for my reset bug ridden AMD GPU .

Pitty, would have loved to use this plugin as looks amazing and amazingly usefull for me.

Do you think there will ever be a gnif/vendor-reset or similar solution coming without this restriction ?

Edited by glennv
1 minute ago, glennv said:

Pitty, would have loved to use this plugin as looks amazing and amazingly usefull for me.

I hope you understand I want to slowly move away from custom built images and I have not built this "plugin" into the Unraid-Kernel-Helper and have not planed it... :/

I also have to say a possible solution for the gnif/vendor-reset as a plugin is in progress for an upcoming version of Unraid but this needs to be more tested and since I've got no AMD card this is a little difficult.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ich777 said:

I hope you understand I want to slowly move away from custom built images and I have not built this "plugin" into the Unraid-Kernel-Helper and have not planed it... :/

I also have to say a possible solution for the gnif/vendor-reset as a plugin is in progress for an upcoming version of Unraid but this needs to be more tested and since I've got no AMD card this is a little difficult.

Totaly 100000% understand. 

I can be a patient man when i need to be. (and can help as a guinee pig if needed at some point ;-) )  

28 minutes ago, drfsol said:

Unraid crashed when I installed the plugins, forced reboot and the plugins do not shown as installed... be careful! 

Can you please be a little more price? This is not helpful to troubleshoot this what caused this on your system if you only write that it crashed... :/

What crashed?

I run this on 3 machines and I also know a few users that run this plugin on their machines without any problems.

What version of Unraid are you running? Have you any custom images installed? Can you post your Diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded zip file here in the text box).

Do you run a custom build with the gnif/vendor-reset installed?

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you please be a little more price? This is not helpful to troubleshoot this what caused this on your system if you only write that it crashed... :/

What crashed?

I run this on 3 machines and I also know a few users that run this plugin on their machines without any problems.

What version of Unraid are you running? Have you any custom images installed? Can you post your Diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded zip file here in the text box).

Do you run a custom build with the gnif/vendor-reset installed?

Same for me. Attached my diagnostic File

heimdall-diagnostics-20210530-1440.zip

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, pellen said:

My server crashed as well during the plugin installation.

Thank you I'm currently collecting the diagnostics to create later a Github issue if I got a little more responses.

What kind of Server are you running? Is this a pre built one?

Thanks for putting hard work into making this plugin. 

EDIT: DISREGARD it took way longer than I expected to install.

When I attempt to install it, the install never complete.  I see the following:

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/unraid-corefreq/master/corefreq.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/unraid-corefreq/master/corefreq.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/unraid-corefreq/master/corefreq.plg ... done

I have reattempted the install multiple times, but all attempts result with the same.  Occasionally there will be an update button next to the install button, but that takes me to the plugins tab and I have confirmed this plugin is not there.

I have a Ryzen 5800X in a ASRock x470 Taichi.

Edited by hammsandwich
1 hour ago, hammsandwich said:

EDIT: DISREGARD it took way longer than I expected to install.

Is it now working?

Eventually something is wrong with the contection to Github, the package should be only about 5MB in size.

Can you attach the Diagnostics please (only if it's not working)?

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Is it now working?

Eventually something is wrong with the contection to Github, the package should be only about 5MB in size.

Can you attach the Diagnostics please (only if it's not working)?

It is installed and I can see the dashboard.  I did reboot my server afterward, and it took noticeably longer to reboot than normal.  I uninstalled the plugin and rebooted, and it went quicker.  Finally I reinstalled the plugin (took a while again) and rebooted, and the boot from GRUB takes about twice as long until I can see the dashboard.

36 minutes ago, hammsandwich said:

and the boot from GRUB takes about twice as long until I can see the dashboard.

Are you having a acticlve internet connection on boot or do you have a Firewall installed on Unraid or any blocking software like PiHole that prevents Unraid to connect to the internet on boot?

I have not used the plugin yet to set OC or anything, I am still doing an all-core OC/undervolt in the BIOS, which has been stable for a month+ after very thorough testing.  My installing the plugin, my daily driver Win10 VM with various passthroughs just randomly...does something odd.  All my monitors turn off, but Unraid reports its still up. Restarting the VM via Unraid does not work; I have to force stop and power it on again.  I have 2C/4T for Unraid, then the remaining 6C/12T isolated from Unraid for VMs.

I noticed just while poking around Idle drivers and other various drivers were not loaded according to corefreq.  Attaching diag before uninstalling again to ensure this is related to corefreq.

hammsandwich-diagnostics-20210602-0956.zip

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you having a acticlve internet connection on boot or do you have a Firewall installed on Unraid or any blocking software like PiHole that prevents Unraid to connect to the internet on boot?

I do have a firewall between Unraid and the internet, just check the logs and I allow github traffic.  I see no denies.  I also have PiHole, and just mainly the default block lists with a few regex filters, but also checked those logs and there are no blocks either.