Using unraid for cold storage on daily driven PC

Hey everyone, 

I have a video editing computer and would like to use unraid for storing completed projects on the same PC that I use for editing. 

These would just be going on HDD's and would only be used for cold storage, not active editing. 

Right now I have two 2tb HDD's mirrored and they are almost at capacity. I bought a 4tb HDD and was going to 'pool' them together. 

So questions are

1) Will 'pooling' mismatched sized HDD's cause any sort of issues? I want to keep adding hard drives as the previous ones start to fill up. I think I will be buying 4TB ones moving forward as my case can hold something like 9 hard drives. I don't want to buy a bunch of hard drives ahead of time however. 

2) Is it possible to run unraid on the same computer you have windows 10? How would this work? 

3) Is transferring the same as it is now? Where I would just drag and drop onto a network drive? If that is the case, is it actually going over my network? Or will it just internally transfer?