Replaced Flash Drive, now disks are unmountable

Hello all,

After 9 years I had my first system issue with UnRaid...

A few days ago my USB drive died and I couldn't start the array so I followed the instructions found on the wiki and replaced the USB drive and key, now i'm getting these errors on my drives.

"unmountable, unsupported partition layout"

I tried running the "reiserfsck" command in the GUI and terminal but got this message...

reiserfsck 3.6.27

Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/md1 Will put log info to 'stdout'

Failed to open the device '/dev/md1': Unknown code er3k 127

I was planning to get a new HDD this month to switch over to XSF system but this little surprise happened.  I haven't done any formatting and would hopefully like to keep all the data on my drives.  From what is says on the Main page, Parity is valid.

Diagnostic file has been attached.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

tower-diagnostics-20210526-1956.zip

Just replacing the flash drive wouldn't do anything to the partitions, something else happened, there are a couple of things you can try, unassign one of the disks and see if the emulated disk mounts since Unraid will recreate the partition (if it works you then rebuild the disk on top and repeat for the other disks) and/or try to mount them with UD plugin since it doesn't require a specific partition layout.

Trying out your first suggestion...

I unassigned the first disk

restarted the arrray

added the first disk again

restarted the array

The first disk now has a warning icon, "Device Contents Emulated" and it says "Unmountable: Not Mounted"

it also says "Stop is disabled - Parity operation is running"

Hopefully this is good news!

Edited by jwong0412

My apologies for not understanding what you meant.  I'll ask if I'm not sure next time.

When I try running the files stem check im still getting the same error message 

reiserfsck 3.6.27 Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/md1 Will put log info to 'stdout' Failed to open the device '/dev/md1': Unknown code er3k 127

On the main page the drive now says "unmountable, not mounted"

There's something else you can still try with that disk, but first stop array, unassign one of the other data disks, not the same one you rebuilt, start array, emulated disk will likely also be unmountable but see if the now unassigned disk can be mounted with the UD plugin.

On 5/28/2021 at 5:54 AM, Squid said:

Speed: 100Mb/s

While it's not impossible, very rarely are 100M switches still used.  Check / replace the cabling and switch

Yes the switch i'm using is close to 10years old.  With RL and stuff going on right now, it's on the upgrade list.  100mb is good enough for just me at this time.  

I realized the IP/DNS settings are different on this new router i'm using (Switching ISPs still suck).  I managed to get connected to Github and am now downloading the UD plug in.

On 5/28/2021 at 5:28 AM, JorgeB said:

There's something else you can still try with that disk, but first stop array, unassign one of the other data disks, not the same one you rebuilt, start array, emulated disk will likely also be unmountable but see if the now unassigned disk can be mounted with the UD plugin.

I can't seem to mount the disk that I unassigned.  When I click on the orange mount button it says "mounting" for just a second then goes back to "Mount".  Attached are a screen shot and diagnostics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Untitled-2.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20210531-1922.zip

Edited by jwong0412

I'm not sure what is going on now.  I installed Putty and tried logging into my server and nothing happened, tried a few minutes later and it's now timing out.  I tried pinging the IP from the cmd line and now it's timing out.  I checked my router to see what's active on the network and it's no longer listed.

Edited by jwong0412

I had to force shut down the server last night.  I just tried starting it and i still can't log in...

When i try accessing the webGUI it says connection took too long, ERR_Connection_Time_Out

When I try pinging the server it says destination host not available

When I try using Putty - COnnection timed out

I looked at my router settings and the server is no longer listed there.

I will try to get another monitor (or use this one) and find a keyboard to plug into the server and see if I can see anything that way.  I'll also see if I can find an updated switch to increase transfer speeds.  Is there anything I can do to start troubleshooting?  At this point, what are the chances of my data being still there?

I hooked up a monitor and keyboard and when booting I get this error...

CMOS Fail, press Del to setup

I loaded the last good config and it seemed to bypass this screen.  Then after a few minutes I get this screen...

Syslinux 6.03 EDD 2014-10-06 Copyright (c) 1984-2014 H. Peter Anvin et Al

Failed to load ldlinux.c32

boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.

Help please.. ;-)

I plugged in my new flashdrive to Windows I created about 2 weeks ago and it's blank.  I tried going into the flashdrive thru the cmd prompt and there's nothing there.  Both windows and the cmd prompt say there is 30mb being used on on the flash drive.  This will be the 2nd time i've tried reinstalling the flash drive and i'm beginning to think my system has been compromised because that's 2 USB Flash drives that have gone blank.

I have unplugged the network cable from my unraid system and reset/erased all the portforwarding for my unraid system on the new router I have.

I've been reading about replacing the flash drive (again).  Once I create a new flash drive, do i just copy over the super.dat file and key file from my backup I made in March of this year?