Parity disk has been working with Warning temperature

The parity disk is active for any write operation on the Array.

The monthly parity check just compare parity information to what is actually on data drives.

If your drive is constantly at that temperature level, you have a serious cooling issue for that drive.

I would not be comfortable with any drive reaching this kind of temperature even occasionally.

1 hour ago, ChatNoir said:

The parity disk is active for any write operation on the Array.

The monthly parity check just compare parity information to what is actually on data drives.

If your drive is constantly at that temperature level, you have a serious cooling issue for that drive.

I would not be comfortable with any drive reaching this kind of temperature even occasionally.

In my application, there are mainly two vm applications: Debian and openwrt. They may have data changes all the time. Is it possible to set the cache disk to make the parity disk workload less heavy?

In addition, I used an external mobile hard disk as a parity disk. Are there any good suggestions for heat dissipation?

7 hours ago, phoenix13023 said:

I used an external mobile hard disk as a parity disk. Are there any good suggestions for heat dissipation?

External HDD are generally not designed for heavy writes and do not have great cooling, especially 2.5".

For a regular drive I'd say ensure that there is airflow on the drive, but here ...

As a side note, how is your drive connected ? eSATA, USB, other ?

USB is not recommended for Array drive as the connection can be very unreliable.

7 hours ago, phoenix13023 said:

They may have data changes all the time. Is it possible to set the cache disk to make the parity disk workload less heavy?

Yes, I would suggest to add a cache pool and set the share with the heavy I/O to Prefer cache.

Then go to Settings, stop the Docker and VM services.

Back to Main, start the Mover.

When it is done you can start your services again and you should be set.