NordVPN

Notice the ports on the vpn container, those are actually the ports required for qBittorrent. Also note that qBit is set to network none and then has the extra parameter

--net=container:nordvpn

(or whatever you have your vpn container named). This will force a rebuild of any dependent containers when there’s a change to the vpn container. 

Edited by shiftylilbastrd
3 hours ago, shiftylilbastrd said:

You Nord configure should resemble this except leave location blank unless you have a preference

NordVPN.png

Also 6881 ports are for qBit?

What do you have after "--device /dev/net/tun --cap-add=NET_ADMIN"? I only have this two entries, not a third one like you.

After configuring like your settings, its hanging at "connecting..." for about 10 minutes or so. Tried both NordLynx and OpenVPN.

Edited by aurevo
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone having issues with this at the login stage?  

Whether using valid username/password, or the api based username/password, it always fails to login, with "Invalid Username or password"

Are there any obscure characters it doesn't like/passthrough perhaps?

On 7/10/2021 at 12:37 PM, boomam said:

Anyone having issues with this at the login stage?  

Whether using valid username/password, or the api based username/password, it always fails to login, with "Invalid Username or password"

Are there any obscure characters it doesn't like/passthrough perhaps?

I was then reset my nordvpn password and it worked for me maybe reset your password and see what happens.

Edited by Kodiak51103

i have configured my settings for both nordvpn and qbittorrent as @shiftylilbastrd has shown, and can confirm qbit is connecting through nordvpns ip but i cannot access the webui at all. or any docker i route through nordvpn. i have been troubleshooting for a few hours and not sure what to do here, any suggestions?

2 hours ago, shiftylilbastrd said:

@Kodiak51103

All ports need to be removed from the nzb container and added to the Nord container. Only exception is if it’s a config variable telling the container which port to listen to. 

@Renaldo

I assume it’s the same as I just mentioned but hard to tell without screenshots. 

Untitled.png

Removed the 2 ports 8080,8089 from SABNZB added them to nordvpn still cannot access the  UI via browers serveraddress:8080 or 8089? Thanks!

SABNZB

image.thumb.png.17c47be9b74c4d8d954800046d4aebb4.png

NordVPN

image.thumb.png.ae11856db4d39186278d36e142ce9172.png

i believe all of my settings are identical to the screenshots you have shown @shiftylilbastrd, but i have been staring at these images so long i could be wrong lol. nord also seems to hang on "connecting" though when i use curl ifconfig.io on qbit it shows to have the same IP as nordvpn so i think its working? still getting "this site can't be reached, IP took too long to respond" instead of webui 

nordshot.thumb.png.3b2b077311b49ac6c98ae6622576025c.pngqbitshot.thumb.png.ac5013cb113463bbeab90d51e519c0bd.pngnordlog.png.1d61f2f79257abb17e60eea6fe0f84df.png

@shiftylilbastrd so here are my current settings, my default was 8080 but i have sinced changed it to 8113. i believe everything is connected as it should be i just can't access the webui, i'm copying the link directly from qbit settings into my browser and getting "address took too long to respond". i appreciate all of your help and time reading through this so far. 

1509480333_currentdockers.thumb.png.d18d28c4920524852ecf460d96cc4d3d.png676734313_currentqbit.thumb.png.769c1128b43690010c9b4c56e6df6d42.png1342250065_nordcurrent.thumb.png.916177de82ef439a69c0687d90d1b711.png