[Solved] Do I have a bad drive(s)?

The Unraid system ran a Parity check which passed. I had turned off all normal running dockers. So I restarted them about 12 hours after the system had finished the parity check. As the the dockers started back up I got 12 read errors on one my oldest hard drives. The array stopped. And then I got a notification that everything returned to normal from Unraid. I've left the array stopped as my disk 4 has a red X for disabled and is being emulated. 

I checked the disk status and ran a extended status on it. Everything looks fine to me. I'm not seeing a red flag besides the age of the drive in the diagnostics, but I may be missing something.

I'm wonder if it might have just been a cable connection problem. I've been trying to solve a heat issue that has suddenly come up over the past month where the machine shuts down for some reason. I currently have the case open with a large fan blowing straight on it, so I figure wires might have been jiggling a bit? I'm not sure. I found it odd that Unraid reported the problem and then said everything was okay, but I assume that was because it was now emulating the disabled disk.

Could someone take a look at the diagnostics and see if I'm missing something. I actually saw some read errors on another drive that is the same make and just as old, but it isn't giving issues.

I'm planning on replacing a couple drives, possibly 3 of the oldest drives, just because they are running pretty high in hours usage. Or I might just add a parity disk so I have 2 instead of one in case 2 drives fail. Haven't decided yet. It depends on if I need to replace the current disabled drive.

Thank you for your help!

Edited: Removed diagnostic files.

Edited by tnorman
  • tnorman changed the title to [Solved] Do I have a bad drive(s)?