(solved) Cache Drives - Lost RAID1, Seeking Advice on How to Fix

A few days ago I shut down my unraid server in order to remove a failing 3TB drive from my array (the cache drives were not failing, they were fine).  I had to unplug a lot of things to remove the failed drive and when booting up Unraid I forgot to plug in one of my two 240GB SSDs which are cache drives in a Raid1 through the unraid software.  As soon as I brought the server up I had the "oh shoot!" moment so I shut down again and plugged in the SSD that I missed.  When I did that I received an error

Cache Drive error Unmountable: Too many missing/misplaced device

Along with this none of my dockers were present.  "Oh shoot!" again.  So I posted asking for help on how to fix this on this thread and waited, knowing I'd get good advice, and I did.  Following that thread my cache was once again up and running and all my dockers (and their data) were back!!  Horray!  I thought.  However, today I noticed my two cache drivers are not in any Raid.  Instead they are now pooled.

image.thumb.png.63279ddae6039b481627421fe6c63ffe.png

Everything seems to be working today but I'd like the cache drives protected with Raid.  If I click the "view" button on the cache I see this:

image.thumb.png.87f410e294a5d922cc57e190d039adfd.png

So here is my question.  I want to re-raid these two cache drives without losing any data on the cache.  I obviously broke the RAID configuration when I booted it up with one drive unplugged.  And when I put them both back into the pool they now are "pooling" and not in a RAID.

What is the safest way for me to re-setup Raid without losing data on my cache? I've attached my diagnostics.

(Note, Unrelated to the cache issue, I'm currently rebuilding the bad drive that took me down this path onto a 4TB which will probably show up on the diagnostics).

vdunraid-diagnostics-20210528-2311.zip

Edited by dyker
solved

Sorry to be dense, but I'm not sure if I'm doing this right and it didn't work for me.

I go into first pool drive named "cache" and it looks like this:

image.thumb.png.cba4c6a07fdf206a63de7705c32bed4e.png

A little further down there is the "Balance" and I selected 

image.thumb.png.e7898a641b2ceda770518ccd54c93702.png

Then to the bottom of the page and I select Done and nothing changes.

Below is an image of the 2nd cache drive.  Note it doesn't say btrfs.  Not sure if that means anything or not.

image.thumb.png.6f5296d5095f14b578a13708038409aa.png

The full diagnostics are linked on top post.  Not sure how to proceed. Please help.  Thank you!

Edited by dyker

@itimpi Thank you for pointing out the obvious. You are correct I did not press the balance button I thought it was more an information  bubble and "done" would apply all my changes.  I've just tried tapping that button, let it run, and success.  Thank you again.

image.thumb.png.2922ee60fb7883e6ab129b8d36884f3c.png

• dyker changed the title to (solved) Cache Drives - Lost RAID1, Seeking Advice on How to Fix