USB drive failed/locked. Can I use trail key for temporary access?

I restarted my Unraid server and got a kernel panic which is not uncommon for me. Usually I reformat the USB and it fixes. when I tried to install 6.9.2 using the creator Win32-1.6 it gave a 117 error with Chinese characters.  When I looked at the USB drive is says that the status is locked.  I've tried around 6-8 ways to try and unlock the USB using partdsk clean, changing the registry and a low level format and nothing has worked so I'm considering moving to a new USB drive. In the past I've had some issues with my USB so I'm going to get a SanDisk 16GB Cruzer Fit USB 2.0 Flash Drive - SDCZ33-016G-G35 as was recommend by some Unraid users. It's currently in the mail but I wanted to access something in the meantime.  How bad would it be to use another USB drive with a trial key to get access to my array while I wait for the 2.0 USB to arrive?  Will I have any problems when I do replace the USB with the pro key?

Just as a follow up this is not possible. If you purchased a key you can not use a trail key to start and access the array

"Invalid Trial Installation

It is not possible to use a Trial key with an existing Unraid OS installation.

You may purchase a Registration key corresponding to this USB Flash device to continue using this installation.

For more information, please Contact Support."