UnRaid – 6.9.2 – Unable to copy to Array in File Explorer

Hey all

Been coming up against this issue for a bit, and not sure where else to turn.

The issue:

Not able to copy anything to the Array (I can copy from the Array just fine at 100+mbs), doesn’t matter how big of a file it is, my File Explorer will stop and go Not Responding and then crash, and even if it does not and starts to transfer, I get the bellow error a little into the transfer.

Capture.PNG.fe25570b5a60cd67160916d15dedfdad.PNG

What I have tried so far

Upgrading and then restarting UnRaid

Turned NetBIOS off, to ensure SMB 1 is not in use.

Tripled checked that the mapped drives are using the correct username and password (they where not, but still issue remains after fixing)

Checked drives / SMART – aside from one of the Parity drives showing the below, they are healthy.

199         UDMA CRC error count  0x003e  200         200         000         Old age Always  Never   1

Same error on another Windows 10 PC (in the transfer window)

Both PCs have different NIC card manufacturers.

FTP seems to have a delay before it starts the transfer, but it does transfer without issue.

Tested PC Details

Windows 10 PC ( Mine ) Win 10 Pro – Version 20H2 – OS Build 19042.985

Windows 10 PC (Wife) Win 10 Pro – Version 2004 OS Build 19041.985

If you need information, just advise what please

Edit: 5/30 - 11:30AM - Seems the FTP has issues going over 100Kbs speeds now and the Array shows that the Total Read is 2MB at the most and Wrights is 600Kbs

Please also note, the cache drive is not in use as it fills up quickly and i cannot seem to balance it, even with the Mover running every hour

Maybe my network setup, same issue with a VM on UnRaid, in linux

Edited by PLAY3R

It shows as private, before when i had this issue, i disabled McAfee (I had installed at the time) and still got the same error.

It is working ok right now with speeds 100+mb after either restarting the Array or removing the Parity drives, not sure what did it, if it was restarting the Array, i should see the issue happen again, not sure how long it will take. Hoping its not the Parity drives causing it, but for now, one of my Parity drives will remain unassinged and i'll be starting a backup of the Critical files to it, now we wait :/