Atomic moves and hard linking mess

I've spent hours trying to fix this, but every time I 'solve' a problem I seem to create another one:

Right now the problem seems to stem from NZBGet putting finished downloads into data/usenet/completed/{movies | tv | music}

Which (to take Radarr as the example though it's across all the *arrs) triggers the System Status message:

You are using docker; download client Hotio's NZBGet places downloads in /data/usenet/completed/movies but this directory does not appear to exist inside the container. Review your remote path mappings and container volume settings.

The TRaSH guide specifically states they should go in data/usenet/completed in the example given here:

https://trash-guides.info/Hardlinks/Examples/#nzbget

Under 'Paths' the MainDIr is data/usenet and the DestDir is ${MainDir}/completed  but with AppendCategoryDir = Yes it then creates a further subfolder according to category.

I think the problem is that NZBGet's automatic creation of these subfolders within data/usenet/completed/ means that when other containers such as Radarr look for a file in data/usenet/movies they're not there because for some reason they can't grab them from data/usenet/completed/movies - I don't know if I need to point them at this folder or stop the folder from being created in the first place?

I don't know whether to change AppendCategoryDir = Yes to AppendCategoryDir = No - which will presumably stop NZBGet from sorting files by category or to somehow alter how NZBGet sorts files under the PATHS tab so it doesn't use ${MainDir}/completed and ${MainDir}/intermediate? Or very probably I'm missing something else entirely I've not considered!

I should add that purely in terms of adding new media through the *arrs, them sending the request to NZBGet and the requested files downloading into the data/usenet/completed/{music | movies | tv} everything is working. It's the next stage where the *arrs recognise that the file is downloaded and move them from the /completed folder to data/media/{music | movies | tv} that's broken.

Is it maybe a question of NZBGet's automatic creation of a folder by category should be occurring within data/usenet/ such that the folder, through already existing, isn't created? If so, how do I have NZBGet put completed files there ?

My head's swimming so I'll post this and hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

Thanks

Edited by awediohead
typo

Hi Squid - thanks for the reply - I'm reverting everything back to what was working perfectly well before I messed about with all this "atomic moves" stuff - then I'll wait and see what Ed recommends in forthcoming videos but the simple fact is that when I followed his slightly older videos to the letter everything worked perfectly and things have only gone pear-shaped since I changed things up thinking I was doing it, not 'wrong' exactly, but not current best practice.

cheers