[SOLVED] lacp to pc speed problem (Unraid Traffic and other traffic stays on the same link)

I use link aggregation from my pc to the switch (Cisco sg250-08) for having full speed while downloading/uploading both files from the internet and transfering files to/from the NAS. This works well with Xpenology, Freenas and OMV.

But when I try it with Unraid both Internet and NAS Traffic (SMB or FTP) are on one link, so it shares the bandwith

On the NAS site I have just one basic ethernet connection to switch (same setup like with the other NAS OS).

Edited by davidmueller13

Unraid uses layer 2 hashing distribution. This is distribution based on MAC addresses of source and destination.

This may not give enough variation, and you can try to do distribution based on layer 4 (TCP/UDP).

Open a console window and execute:

echo 1 > /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/xmit_hash_policy

This setting is not permanent and rebooting the server reverts to layer 2 distribution.

Edited by bonienl

I think my post was a bit misleading.

I don't use Bonding on Unraid. There I have just one single ethernet Interface.

I use bonding between my pc and the switch, so i can transfer things from/to my pc from different sources not limited to 1 gbit/s (in my case from Unraid and my Router).

And when I do this with Unraid(like copy one file with smb and do an internet download) the traffic from Unraid and the traffic from my Router are on the same link

But when use any other NAS Software like OMV, the internet traffic and nas traffic are on different links.(like it should be)

• davidmueller13 changed the title to [SOLVED] lacp to pc speed problem (Unraid Traffic and other traffic stays on the same link)