Consumer HW, LSI SAS9201-8i, GPU riser - unRaid becomes unresponsive

Hello!

Recently came into the issue where I ran out of sata ports on my unraid box (specs will be listed below). To get around this I bought the raid controller listed above and installed this into the 1 PCI-E slot on my motherboard. I then bought a 1x - 16x pcie riser to get my GPU into the rig (computer will not post without GPU). I then hooked up some extra drives. Ran great. For about 8 - 16 hours. I was trying to access plex and found the server was off. Went to check, everything is still spinning and lit up its just the server is completly unreachable. This leads to force shutting down the server. Then a flag threw on the parity drive, tried to re-check the drive after the re-boot, about 14 hours in (70% check) it will do the exact same thing. Okay, its the drive that is the issue. Threw in a new parity, went to rebuild and boom 80% in, same exact thing happens. I am now leaving it off until I can go about trouble shooting this.

The drives especially when rebuilding can become very hot. 

If there are any needed log files, I can boot the server back up and grab what is needed. 

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

The parity drive isn't even being detected. 

Actually shutting off *implies* power supply issues or over heating issues.  What you'd want to do (if you can't figure it out) is mirror the syslog to flash and then post the resulting file (logs folder) after it shuts off again.

It doesnt shut off actually, it just becomes completly unresponsive. I cannot ping it, nor access gui.

I have my parity drive unplugged to see if it still becomes unresponsive just having unraid running and sure enough it does. Even at idle, meaning, containers off, no VM's running, no parity check it still manages to become unresponsive forcing me to hard power off.