Looking for CPU and Motherboard upgrade optinions

I'm looking to upgrade a 7-8 year old system replacing the CPU and Motherboard.  I was looking at the recommended hardware page but that has not been updated in a while.  Basically the system will be used for storage of pics, movies, and documents as well as streaming movies from it to Raspberry Pi's.  I'm not looking to install any apps or Dockers and such.  Like I said, it is primarily used as a storage device.

Please offer some suggestions for a CPU and Motherboard.  I was looking at an Intel i3 and an LGA 1200 socket motherboard.  It should have at least 6 SATA ports.  I do have a DELL H310 SATA card to install also.

As far as budget, only looking to spend $200-$300.

Really appreciate it.  Thanks.

9 hours ago, young01cj said:

Please offer some suggestions for a CPU and Motherboard.  I was looking at an Intel i3 and an LGA 1200 socket motherboard.  It should have at least 6 SATA ports.  I do have a DELL H310 SATA card to install also.

As far as budget, only looking to spend $200-$300.

Your motherboard options will be determined by your case and what motherboard form factor it will accept.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

I will be re-using my ATX case, drives, and power supply.

Was thinking of going with the following:

Intel Core i3-10100 Desktop Processor 4 Cores up to 4.3 GHz  LGA1200

ASUS Prime B460-PLUS LGA 1200 (Intel 10th Gen) ATX Motherboard

Crucial RAM 8GB Kit (2x4GB) DDR4 2400 MHz