Tips and Tweaks wrecked my UNRAID setup

I installed Tips and Tweaks but didn't make any changes to any of the default settings.  I was going to check out some posts & videos to see if there was anything that I could harness from Tips and Tweaks to make my UNRAID better than it is now.  That being said the plugin sat unfettered for about two weeks.  Fix Common Problems suggested updating to the latest version so I did.  Then all hell broke loose.  After that update UNRAID began acting like a vtp host and was routing ALL network traffic on my network through the interface eth0.  By the time I figured out why my internet was down my network had been down for about 3 hours.  I NEVER thought a plugin for UNRAID would act like this so I ended up swapping out routers, switches, cables, etc.  Once I took the UNRAID server down my network started acting normal.  Hmmm.  ALL of my dockers had static IP addresses and my primary IPV4 for UNRAID has been set for years.  All of a sudden UNRAID pulls DHCP and several containers have been completely wiped and/or had their IP settings changed altogether.  I uninstalled Tips and Tweaks based on something I read in a different thread while searching for how/why UNRAID would KILL my network here: 

Now I was able to get my UNRAID server back online but ALL of my IP settings are toast and containers are hosed.  This is a major issue and users should be warned that this is possible.  I no longer develop or manage networks for a living but was highly disappointed to see something recommended that could "go rogue" and ruin hours of setup and maintenance over the last two years.  I don't have the time to post logs, etc but this ruined my day today and movie night tonight!  D'OH!

Tips and Tweaks does not change any configuration, it only makes changes to some Linux settings and NICs.  I find it hard to believe that it "wrecked" your setup.  Sounds more like a flash drive issue.

As for the losing network access, some NIC settings have the potential to do that.  The Flow Control settings are more for Intel NICs than others.  There is a 'Default' setting that does not make any changes to the NICs flow control.  This is the default setting when installing the plugin.  Sounds like you did not install the latest version and use the defaults.

10 hours ago, makatozi said:

I no longer develop or manage networks for a living but was highly disappointed to see something recommended that could "go rogue" and ruin hours of setup and maintenance over the last two years.

Tips and Tweaks writes nothing on the flash drive except it's own configuration file.  It doesn't make any other changes to flash files.  Do you maintain backups for a situation as this?

Thanks for the reply dlandon.  I have no reason to lie in this forum.  Sorry if my post didn't contain tons of details but the ONLY change I made to my UNRAID server (besides keeping my current OS/dockers/plugins updated) was Tips and Tweaks installation & update.  I never even clicked on Tips and Tweaks to do anything so yes - it was a DEFAULT setup and no - it is not a Flash Drive issue.  Since I uninstalled Tips and Tweaks my network is sound but my UNRAID dockers all need to be set up again as if their network settings never existed.  Same for UNRAID static IP itself.  I did have a backup router with all the right settings for my network though and when that router cratered as well I knew something was wrong beyond a physical layer issue.  I recently had unexpected elbow surgery (hence the delay for setting up Tips & Tweaks) and I don't currently have a backup for UNRAID's network settings across the board.  I will be looking into how to do this since it's the first time I've ever had to deal with losing network settings across the board.  I have no VMs.  It's a pretty simple setup as I mostly use this for PLEX and/or Emby. I currently don't have the time/resources to allocate in troubleshooting the issue deeper but I didn't post anything on Social Media (I hate people who do that) and I'll be more careful next time I get all excited about changing something on this UNRAID server.  I'm not a tech noob but I am not well versed in Linux so I am a bit gimpy in that regard. 

Also...I like your "signature" that has all of the "Macro" level details of your setup.  Is this something I can pull from UNRAID itself or did you type that all in yourself? 

Because the only change(s) I've made to my UNRAID setup was installation and subsequent update of Tips and Tweaks.  I had no network settings issues prior to Tips & Tweaks and have none since removing Tips and Tweaks.  What makes you think it IS a flash drive issue?  What can I do to check?  I have no problems checking (running some commands, etc) and owning up to it if it is the flash drive.  I'm not at all opposed to digging in to my setup for a better understanding of what went wrong but I might not be able to do that until next week.  If you have any suggestions (videos, articles, guides, list of commands, etc) I'd be happy to check them out and post back what I find.