Aborted "Clear an Array Drive" Script Keeps Running

So after a day and a half of running the above script (array disk clearing) I calculated how long it will take, and it's more than a month, so I aborted it. 

Thing is the "WRITES" column in MAIN screen show that it's still active. Nothing access the drive and it's still empty.

No "Abort" button for the script anymore.

2021-06-01_10-12-44.jpg

Edited by Gico
  • Gico changed the title to Aborted "Clear an Array Drive" Script Keeps Running

So apparently "if the script called a long running command at the time of abort (something like find) then that command will run to completion."

Can I kill this script? How do I identify the relevant process?

The disk would probably be unmountable. How can I format it while preserving parity?

To return to the state before running the script : disk18 is part of the array and working normally.

Anyway I managed to solve the issue:

Found the running process of the script through: ps -axjf

Killed the script process through: kill -9 <process-id>

Stopped the array, started it and formatted disk18 which was unmountable.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Gico said:

To return to the state before running the script : disk18 is part of the array and working normally.

I asked because running that script is normally a precursor to removing a drive, and the best way forward depended on a whole bunch of factors, especially since you said

22 hours ago, Gico said:

while preserving parity?

So, given that you just wanted to go back to using the drive in the array, you did exactly what was needed.