Second NIC for direct connection from Unraid to Windows PC

Hey everyone,

I tried searching for previous threads on this, so I apologize if I missed it. I have two 10g NIC's en-route from China. One is going in my Unraid system, and the other is going in my other Windows PC, which will be connected to eachother directly via cat-6. I'm not buying a 10g switch, because I really just need faster file transfers between these two devices, for now. So both devices will still have their existing 1g ethernet connections which will be used for almost everything, but I want to be able to have all my direct communication between these 2 devices be over the 10g line instead. I have my Unraid shares mapped as network drives on my Windows machine currently, and that's how I transfer files.

Today I realized it will probably be a little more complicated to set up than I thought. Any advice/videos/write-ups?
Thanks.

8 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

I think there are video(s ?) from Spaceinvaderone on that subject. They probably are pre-6.9 but that should cover most aspects.

You are correct. I found that about 5 minutes after posting this, and I tried to delete the post. Not sure why that didn't take. Thanks for your reply. Hoping it goes smoothly.