Sync music folder from win 10 to unraid /music

Gizo

Why not do the opposite? Store your music on your unRAID and access it on your Win 10 via Plex.

You can install headphones and Airsonic (to access outside your network using Music Bee as your player). You will need a Swag docker and domain name setup. Spaceinvader has a good video on this.

10 hours ago, hernandito said:

Why not do the opposite? Store your music on your unRAID and access it on your Win 10 via Plex.

You can install headphones and Airsonic (to access outside your network using Music Bee as your player). You will need a Swag docker and domain name setup. Spaceinvader has a good video on this.

I don't like how plex metadata works for music. It's the only thing i think they can't get right. I use musicbrainz for meta then musicbee player, and musicbee remote app. I only use plex music when im away from home and HAVE no choice... If there is some way to use musicbee from unraid at all times id be more then up for it but im unaware of a way too. So syncing folders seemed like the least i could do

• 2 weeks later...

If you want local access, In MusicBee, you cannot have a library and point it to the unraid music share? And use Plex only when you have to.

I use mostly use Kodi on my HTPC. With the Headphones docker, it handles the metadata… and notifies Plex, Kodi and others to update the music library. At work, I use Airsonic/Subsonic plugin in MusicBee… Airsonic can handle the Metadata as well. Airsonic is tricky in setting up so you can access it outside your network. That is where the Swag docker comes in.

i don’t really listen to music on my phone… but have you tried Plexamp? I just started trying Plexamp in my car via Bluetooth… “Hey Siri… play XYZ”. I think she asks you what app you want it to play, you pick Plexamp. There is a Windows and Mac version as well. I have not tried those…

Also, what happens when you feed Plex properly metadata’ed music files? All my music is mp3. I don’t know how Flac metadata is handled and stored.