unRaid web interface

The web interface 70% of the time is very sluggish to respond. (I am using v5.b06). Clicking on any button at times can take up to 5 minutes for the web interface to return. This does not happen with unMenu. I have 4 gigs of ram on the unRaid box. Anyone got any thoughts.

The web interface 70% of the time is very sluggish to respond. (I am using v5.b06). Clicking on any button at times can take up to 5 minutes for the web interface to return. This does not happen with unMenu. I have 4 gigs of ram on the unRaid box. Anyone got any thoughts.

Don't use beta software.  If you do, report the behavior as a potential bug in the Announcement thread, or in one of the 5.0 forums.

Be prepared to supply a system log of the period you are reporting about.

Were your drives spinning?  Or were they sleeping?  Could the delay have been them spinning up?

What other add-ons do you have running?

Joe L.

Hi Joe

Sorry about that chief.

If you want to move it to another thread please do so.

To answer your questions:

It does it on both 4.7 and 5.6b, I have experimented with both. It does it whether the the drives are spun up or not. It will do it just after the box has been started with no other activity (reading, writing) on the box other than the web access. The only other add on I run (that I consciously know of) is unMenu but it did it without that installed. In fact I installed unMenu to use as a comparison. UnMenu does not have the problem. I took the system ram from 2g to 4g made no difference. Ih have run the syslog tail that somebody mentioned but there are no entries apart from drive spindowns.

The web browser just indicates loading. If I kill the emhttp process the web browser errors immediately. So the connection seems to be there, just painfully slow at providing data to the client. Like I said, give it 5 mins (the browser indicating loading) and it will get there. Does it with IE8, Firefox and Chrome on different PCs.

I would like to explore unRaid-Web but I can't seem to find where to download a copy from

Don't use beta software.  If you do, report the behavior as a potential bug in the Announcement thread, or in one of the 5.0 forums.

Were your drives spinning?  Or were they sleeping?  Could the delay have been them spinning up?

Attached is the syslog since a reboot with the problem occurring

Joe L.

UnRaid_syslog.txt

Attached is the syslog since a reboot with the problem occurring

Joe L.

Hi Joe

Did you manage to analyse the log for any clues

Wayne

Which "package" are you referring to.

Sorry about that, I saw unRAID web and assumed you were talking about the package in unMenu's Package Manager.

I did take a look through the syslog and did not see anything in particular.  I have noticed with chrome that stuff can "slow down" if you don't visit the tab in a while.  I just close the tab and reopen the unRAID webGUI page so that it can be reloaded... has always worked for me.

Which "package" are you referring to.

Sorry about that, I saw unRAID web and assumed you were talking about the package in unMenu's Package Manager.

I did take a look through the syslog and did not see anything in particular.  I have noticed with chrome that stuff can "slow down" if you don't visit the tab in a while.  I just close the tab and reopen the unRAID webGUI page so that it can be reloaded... has always worked for me.

Thanks Prostuff. I would love to try unRaid Web but I am having great difficulty in finding it. The tcpatools.com web site which is the one listed in the unmenu package seems to be constantly down. You wouldn't have access to a copy that you could post for me would you?

You have a motherboard with "Atheros" chipset - these do not play nice with Unraid 4.x

Not sure if the new kernel in 5.x has improved on this front but it is advisable to disable the onboard LAN and use an Intel or realtek based add-on NIC.

Mar 10 12:47:03 NAS kernel: atl1c 0000:03:00.0: irq 16 for MSI/MSI-X

Mar 10 12:47:03 NAS kernel: atl1c 0000:03:00.0: atl1c: eth0 NIC Link is Up<1000 Mbps Full Duplex>

Archived