Can no longer create and start docker containers - Permission problem

Since I could not access my Appdata directory via SMB, I ran "New Permissions" under Tools.
I guess after this run I can't start a Docker container or create a new one. I get e.g. errors like this 

docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: exec: "/init": permission denied: unknown.

or

standard_init_linux.go:219: exec user process caused: permission denied

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

I would stop the docker service, (Settings - docker), delete the image, then re-enable the service followed by Apps, Previous Apps and check off what you want back installed.

If that doesn't work, post up your Tools - Diagnostics.

6 minutes ago, gizmer said:

Since I could not access my Appdata directory via SMB, I ran "New Permissions" under Tools.

Each app has it's own permission requirements that may or may not be compatible with SMB.  Quite normal and to be expected.  By running New Permissions and including the Appdata share you may (or may not) impact the ability of the container to run (although at first thought this doesn't appear to be why yours refuses to run, unless you were also running a docker folder instead of an image in which case yes you've completely trashed the image, hence my comment above.

This is the reason why (if you've got FCP installed) there also exists a Docker Safe New Permissions Tool which will not let you run against the appdata share.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, gizmer said:

P.S. Running Tools->New Permissions helped me regain access to the AppData directory via SMB

1 hour ago, Squid said:

By running New Permissions and including the Appdata share you may (or may not) impact the ability of the container to run