Question for pre sales support (USB stick change and Card Reader Support)

Now i have running my 1st unraid system for 3 weeks an i like to buy. but before i want buy i have follow question.

the usb stick i use now, i dont want use after i buy unraid and i like to change it, because the stick is very slow.

i want to use a micro card reader because i have some very good sd cards. can any one tell me which card reader i can buy that works with unraid? 

and another question, can i copy the unraid system "that i now use on the usb stick" to the new SD Card without problems with the registration? or its only possible to install a new system on the sd card?

thnx for quick answers !!  

Edited by cracyfloyd
wrong types
1 hour ago, cracyfloyd said:

i want to use a micro card reader because i have some very good sd cards. can any one tell me which card reader i can buy that works with unraid? 

This is not possible.

Unraid uses the USB drive GUID for licensing. You cannot use a SD card instead.

1 hour ago, cracyfloyd said:

because the stick is very slow

Unraid is unpacked from the USB in the RAM at startup.

After that, Unraid rarely access the USB and when it does, the amount of data read or written is quite limited. I am not sure when the USB speed is an issue. Many of us use USB2.0 stick with no negative impact.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

This is not possible.

Unraid uses the USB drive GUID for licensing. You cannot use a SD card instead.

Unraid is unpacked from the USB in the RAM at startup.

After that, Unraid rarely access the USB and when it does, the amount of data read or written is quite limited. I am not sure when the USB speed is an issue. Many of us use USB2.0 stick with no negative impact.

Yes i agree you, only at boot time. and i think that was important for me, because i have the a new system build and boot the system some times more that i do in future when its stable running. Maybe you have right that this is not important. thnx.

59 minutes ago, cracyfloyd said:

i have the a new system build and boot the system some times more that i do in future when its stable running.

Yeah, once it's running no need to reboot frequently. I seldom reboot, typical uptime is months between, and then only when forced by environment or critical upgrade.