Identifying Drives in a Supermicro SAS JBOD Chassis

Hi, I’ve googled this a bit but can seem to find something that will blink the drive LED to help me identify a drive that’s in the chassis.  I’ve tried disk location, but that doesn’t seem to work…is there something else to try?  On these chassis, there are two LEDs, a blue activity light and a red identify led.  I’d like to blink the red LED so that I can identify a drive even when there is activity.  Thank you!

Didn't know that. Can you please elaborate. We're talking about a DAS/JBOD chassis attached to a main server and the main servers HBA (or the main servers backplane expander), right?

If it works that way and it's important to you, I would install a Windows VM.

Edited by hawihoney
33 minutes ago, Vr2Io said:

Could be overlook it is enclosure locator LED not disk LED, no detail from plugin creator.

Did look into source code. It uses sg_ses: https://sg.danny.cz/sg/sg_ses.html

Seems that this utility can flash disk and enclosure LEDs. Never needed a tool like that - all disks are proper labeled and archived here - but would be fun to look into it. 

Fast way: Windows VM. Slow way: Try to get this into Slackware/Unraid.

***EDIT*** Thinking about it, I doubt it will work in a Windows VM. Passed through disks are serviced by host. Only passed through HBAs are in service by VM, Sorry.

***EDIT2*** sg3_utils are part of NERD-Pack plugin.

Edited by hawihoney