One disk randomly drops out the array

The issue:
One of the two disks in the array are randomly going to "error state" which results in a crash of all VMs on the server. It happens ~once per month. I checked the disks and they are totally fine. They are about 10 months old and i replaced one of them last month (just to make sure that the issue is not caused by a broken disk). I also swapped the SATA cables and the location in the server backplane. The last time the error occurred was at the 01.06.2021, 14 hours and 2 minutes after a parity check started. And the "failed" disk was the new/replaced disk.

Event: Unraid Parity disk error
Subject: Alert [SRVUNR1] - Parity disk in error state (disk dsbl)
Description: WDC_WD80EDAZ-11TA3A0_VG033ZLG (sdg)
Importance: alert

I added some screenshots from the GUI after the crash and the diagnostics. To get the system back up running i have to:
#1 Reboot the system
#2 Remove the "error state" disk
#3 Start the array

#4 Stop the array
#5 Add the disk
#6 Start a parity rebuild/resync depending on the disk that got corrupted (parity disk/data disk)

How can i stop this from happening?

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt1.png

Unbenannt2.png

srvunr1-diagnostics-20210601-1839.zip srvunr1-smart-20210601-1839.zip srvunr1-smart-20210607-1814 (1).zip srvunr1-smart-20210607-1814.zip

Problem with the onboard SATA controller:

Jun  1 14:00:59 SRVUNR1 kernel: ahci 0000:03:00.1: AMD-Vi: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT domain=0x000f address=0xe7d60000 flags=0x0000]

Unfortunately quite common with some Ryzen boards, BIOS update might help, or using a newer Unraid release when available due to the newer kernel, failing that best bet is to use an add-on controller (or a different model board).

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Problem with the onboard SATA controller:

Jun  1 14:00:59 SRVUNR1 kernel: ahci 0000:03:00.1: AMD-Vi: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT domain=0x000f address=0xe7d60000 flags=0x0000]

Unfortunately quite common with some Ryzen boards, BIOS update might help, or using a newer Unraid release when available due to the newer kernel, failing that best bet is to use an add-on controller (or a different model board).

I am using an ASRock Rack X470 with the latest bios. Well thats sad when you pay 300€ for a board just to get such errors. I will get a cheap 50€ SATA HBA - that should be enough for this system. Thank you very much! 

Edited by slize