SOLVED/ANSWERED: 6.9.2 - unassigned the wrong disc by mistake, so immediately reassigned it - now have to do parity sync?

As per the title. I meant to unassign a disc from the array prior to removing it from service. However I was distracted and unassigned the wrong disc. After realising my mistake, I immediately stopped the server, assigned the same disc back to the same position in the array and started the array again.

Now I am looking at a 20 hour parity resync/rebuild for some reason, that I can't understand? The contents of the disc I unassigned haven't changed and therefore neither should the parity. Do I have to let this parity operation finish, as it seems unnecessary?

Edited by TangoEchoAlpha

If you started the array with a disk unassigned that disk will no longer be 100% in sync with parity, just mounting and unmounting the disks is enough for that, so you need to rebuild (or do a new config to re-enable it but it will require a correcting parity check, and that takes as long).

• TangoEchoAlpha changed the title to SOLVED/ANSWERED: 6.9.2 - unassigned the wrong disc by mistake, so immediately reassigned it - now have to do parity sync?