(SOLVED) 2 Disks wont spin down, others work fine? Whats going on?

Hey,

im really confused. I have read that 6.9.2 has some spindown problems, but it used to work fine all the time from 6.9.2 release until now.

Disk 1 (literally 100% empty) wont spin down at all. When i click spindown, it takes about 10 seconds and then it spins back up.

Log shows this every time:

Jun 9 19:23:44 Unraid emhttpd: spinning down /dev/sdd
Jun 9 19:23:53 Unraid emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdd

Same thing happens with Disk 3, but 2 and 4 are fine and spin down normally.

Why would spindown trigger smart? Is it really this "stupid"?

Do i have to downgrade to 6.9.1? Cause its driving me mad.

File activity shows nothing.

EDIT:

Uninstalled "my servers" after last update ruined it, problem fixed. Wasnt 6.9.2´s fault after all.

Edited by TheNyan
  • TheNyan changed the title to (SOLVED) 2 Disks wont spin down, others work fine? Whats going on?

I've been experiencing the same issue the last few days, not realizing that it could be caused by that particular plugin.  I noticed the array disks would spin up when logging into the server, the Main tab would load, then within seconds I would see the drives spin up despite not having done anything after logging in.  My system logs seem to support this behavior.  I had one disk spin up overnight (probably plex) and then a few hours later spun down.  They were spun down for the duration of the day according to the log file.  The log shows the drives were spun down for about 12 hours.  As soon as I log into the server, they spin up.

I deactivated the flash backup functionality, signed out of the plugin, then uninstalled the plugin and now the drives no longer unnecessarily spin up when loading the Main tab.

3 minutes ago, FDM80 said:

I've been experiencing the same issue the last few days, not realizing that it could be caused by that particular plugin.  I noticed the array disks would spin up when logging into the server, the Main tab would load, then within seconds I would see the drives spin up despite not having done anything after logging in.  My system logs seem to support this behavior.  I had one disk spin up overnight (probably plex) and then a few hours later spun down.  They were spun down for the duration of the day according to the log file.  The log shows the drives were spun down for about 12 hours.  As soon as I log into the server, they spin up.

I deactivated the flash backup functionality, signed out of the plugin, then uninstalled the plugin and now the drives no longer unnecessarily spin up when loading the Main tab.