Tdarr and nvidia encoding not working on my GPU

8 minutes ago, matto2494 said:

I too am having the same issue. 
I moved from Unmanic to Tdarr as i liked the layout of TDARR better.

Hopefully a fix is found

So Unmanic from @Josh.5 is working with HW transcoding but Tdarr is not, do I get this right?

Maybe it would be a good idea to post in the Tadarr support thread that something seems wrong now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok I'll preface with I'm a novice with these things but I found that if you go to your libraries tab and then scroll down to transcode options uncheck "Tdarr_Plugin_MC93_Migz1FFMPEG_CPU
Migz-Transcode Using CPU & FFMPEG"

then check "Tdarr_Plugin_MC93_Migz1FFMPEG
Migz-Transcode Using Nvidia GPU & FFMPEG"

boom it started to use my Nvidia T600

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

On 4/1/2022 at 12:17 AM, dewey962 said:

Ok I'll preface with I'm a novice with these things but I found that if you go to your libraries tab and then scroll down to transcode options uncheck "Tdarr_Plugin_MC93_Migz1FFMPEG_CPU

OK, so for those that may still be having issues - here's what fixed it for me:

I followed the above, to make sure I hadn't enabled CPU processes in the Library Tab, but this still didn't work. So I then made sure that I changed the priority for the GPU processes so that it was ahead of the CPU process (even though the CPU processes were not enabled).

This fixed it for me. (To be safe, I restarted both Tdarr and Tdarr Node dockers)

Screenshot 2022-07-23 at 10.15.53.png

Screenshot 2022-07-23 at 10.20.21.png

Edited by TheAsocial
  • 1 month later...
On 4/1/2022 at 1:17 AM, dewey962 said:

This fixed it for me thx ❤️

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 10:19 AM, TheAsocial said:

OK, so for those that may still be having issues - here's what fixed it for me:

I followed the above, to make sure I hadn't enabled CPU processes in the Library Tab, but this still didn't work. So I then made sure that I changed the priority for the GPU processes so that it was ahead of the CPU process (even though the CPU processes were not enabled).

This fixed it for me. (To be safe, I restarted both Tdarr and Tdarr Node dockers)

Screenshot 2022-07-23 at 10.15.53.png

Screenshot 2022-07-23 at 10.20.21.png

This also fixed it for me. Thank you.

• 3 months later...
On 3/23/2022 at 5:46 AM, zombieman2080 said:

For anyone who comes to this for answers, change the plugin that you are using and restart the containers. This worked for me. 

That fixed it for me its so easy to oversee/forget...

Added all the variables to docker containers an enabled nvenc in tdarr node but still tdarr not working with gpu.

Added NVENC H265 Plugin and now it works.

I have one question.

How to prioritize GPU Over CPU Usage?

I trieb placing nvenc plugin on top of normal CPU plugin, but tdarr still starting with cpu encode until 2 threads are full, then moving on starting threads on GPU.

I'd like to transcode with GPU first and if there is no more threads left fall back on CPU.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to add to this as i just followed space invader's video on the subject that was posted previously.  However my CPU was still being used and i couldnt get it to switch.

The fix for me was in Libraries and in the Health Check tab.  quick says its available for CPU workers only.  Thorough uses both cpu/gpu workers.  switching these actually had Tdarr show up on my gpu statistics so i knew it was actually being utilized.  Hope this helps somebody else.

• 6 months later...
  • ich777 locked this topic