Please Help--Parity drive spitting out ++ Read errors during Parity Check.

Hello everyone, 

I just got home and noticed that my unraid server while completing my normal monthly parity check has been spitting out a whole bunch of errors.  (these are showing up as a bunch of read errors. The parity is not finished (at 99.6%) .  I have attached the diagnostics below. and will update with a new one once parity is completed.   Below is a screen shot of my Parity drive SMART data report. 

Is this a sign that the drive is failing/ about to fail. ?

what are steps that I should take to investigate at this time.  I am looking into option to send drive back RMA. (it is a drive I have had in system since the beginning).  

image.thumb.png.b2c5de21031d655766983f8de84f0760.png

rizznetunraid-diagnostics-20210610-2219.zip

1 hour ago, Aceriz said:

will update with a new one once parity is completed.

Adding diagnostic report now that Parity is completed. 

I have purchased a new hard drive which I intent to install as a replacement party drive once it gets here (hopefully monday/tuesday).  Once I get I will run preclear x3 then reinstall as the new parity drive

I have chosen in the interim to spin down the drives (ie unmount) . (so that I can decrease the load on the drives).   I will still intermittently for about 1 hour-2 hour periods in next week need to spin drives up and access data for meetings etc.. But hopefully not for much of the time. 

What else should I be doing in the mean time until I get the drive up and installed. 

rizznetunraid-diagnostics-20210611-0001.zip

9 hours ago, Aceriz said:

I have purchased a new hard drive which I intent to install as a replacement party drive once it gets here (hopefully monday/tuesday).  Once I get I will run preclear x3 then reinstall as the new parity drive

I have chosen in the interim to spin down the drives (ie unmount) . (so that I can decrease the load on the drives).   I will still intermittently for about 1 hour-2 hour periods in next week need to spin drives up and access data for meetings etc.. But hopefully not for much of the time. 

Let me post a general comment to anyone who has a mission critical Unraid server.  Have a spare drive ready to go that is the the size of the parity and a spare USB flash drive (for boot drive replacement) on hand.  That way whenever a drive requires replacement (or rebuild), you just replace it with the spare and test it to figure out the problem with the drive later.