Upgrade from 6.8.3 to 6.9.2, docker DNS is pointing to 127.0.0.11

I have a docker only vlan with no IPv4 assignment in the networking tab.

On 6.8.3 all containers were happily accessing the right DNS server which is a pihole docker container. However after upgrading to 6.9.2 containers all have /etc/resolv.conf set to 127.0.0.11. Where was the change that is preventing the dockers from accessing the DNS as normal?

Edited by bobo89
  • bobo89 changed the title to Upgrade from 6.8.3 to 6.9.2, docker DNS is pointing to 127.0.0.11
  • 5 months later...

Have you resorted this problem? I'm facing the same, already-running container with 127.0.0.11 do work, but generating the same instance with another IP get's 127.0.0.11 again but is unable to establish a DNS connection - pinging 8.8.8.8 works whereas google.com doesn't.

Any help or clarification would be really appreciated! :)

Kind regards

Hank

Have you resorted this problem? I'm facing the same, already-running container with 127.0.0.11 do work, but generating the same instance with another IP get's 127.0.0.11 again but is unable to establish a DNS connection - pinging 8.8.8.8 works whereas google.com doesn't.

Any help or clarification would be really appreciated!

Kind regards
Hank
From memory this only affected some dockers. In the extra parameters field I added --dns DNS server

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1