How to add new drive to Movie Share

Hi All,

I need to add more hard disk space to my Unraid Movie Share. So I purchased a new 10TB hard drive which matches the size of my parity drive.  Listed below are the steps to adding a new hard drive to a SHARE as I understand them in my mind:

1. Connect New SATA drive to SATA cable and Power cable.
  2. Preclear Drive.
  3. Format Drive.
  4. Assign new disk to Movie Share
  5. Run Parity Check so new drive gets added to parity drive.

Regarding STEP 5.  Is it necessary to perform a Parity Check?  I ask because performing a parity check takes a very long time. Some where close to 2 whole last time I ran a Parity Check.  I hope somebody in the community can look at my five steps and let me know what I am leaving out.   Any opinions welcom. Thank you for your time.

Jonathanm,

THank you for your post. I am following the 11 steps under the "Data DIsks" section. The clearing process is going to take around 12 hours. After that is done I will format the disk  and then add it to my Movies Share.

Lastly, my Movie Share three drives were originally set to HIGH WATER and each drive indicates 80% full.  Is it too late to change it from HIGH WATER over to FILL DISK after I add the new drive to the MOVIE Share?  I kind of regret having chosen HIGH WATER and not FILL DISK from the beginning. Now I'm wondering if making such a change will cause data corruption.  Any opinion welcome.  Thank you for your time.