QEMU process DESTROYING system CPU resources...y?

Good evening:

I've been trying to figure out why my server has been so inconsistent for quite a while now. Just tonight, I had a movie playing off it WHILE Handbrake was running, no problem. 

Killed Handbrake as I thought it would finish and quiet down, but it didn't. 

An hour later, the thing grinds to a halt. Movie stops, all the usual unresponsive UI stuff I'm used to is happening, etc. 

I crank up htop and it LOOKS like one of my VMs is DESTROYING my system's resources. (The VM is named "Cams".)

That VM has exclusive CPU cores pinned, its own dedicated SSD...everything. So, not only am I confused as to what is going on in general that brings the system to a grinding halt like this, I'm also confused as to why that VM would be able to affect the rest of the system at all...if it is. By the looks of it, it is. 

Anyone have any ideas where I could look to try to figure out what's causing this?

Thank you!

SmartSelect_20210611-212023_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210611-211155_Chrome.jpg

This is the normal utilization.  Works GREAT right now...

image.png.c9194dd768d1a527eb0db593ad74e684.png

...but htop still looks exactly the same...

image.thumb.png.1d3f50d1702524343b7bb5e0fe42b28e.png

Trying to figure out what is going on that is killing system resources.  Is there some other tool or something that I can crank up when it's acting up to see what's causing it?  HTop really doesn't seem to tell me much.