Hi there,

Trying to figure out what OS / system to use for my rather large and growing data hoarding obsession.  I've been playing with Unraid and I have to say I love it... apart from what seems to be a 30 drive limit.  

Am I missing something here?  The unlimited package says unlimited hard drives, but looking at the fine print it seems to be 1 array of 28+2 disks (+2 parity) and then you can have multiple cache pools and individual drives for dockers.  In an ideal world I'd have 2x 20 (18+2) arrays and a 4x drive cache pool.  Is there a way to do this, or a line of site to do this in the next 3-6 months?

1 hour ago, Whelmed said:

In an ideal world I'd have 2x 20 (18+2) arrays

Currently possible with Unraid VMs running on Unraid only. I'm running this currently and it works perfect.

However, it requires an additional Unraid license for every additional Unraid VM.

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by hawihoney
  • 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, Brad McConnell said:

annoyed with the "unlimited" statement that isn't true

The "unlimited storage" statement is technically true as it applies to cache pools/drives.  It is not true when it comes to array storage.  That could certainly be more clearly stated. 

As mentioned, multiple arrays have been mentioned as a possible future feature but that is not much help to you in the here and now.