DNS on other NICS

Hi

My Unraid machine had a default 1G NIC embedded in the Motherboard.

I've just installed a secondary NIC (QLogic) with 2 x 10G SFP+ ports so I wanted to set 1 of them (lower one) to be used as the default.

I was able to install it, and finally get rid of the old cooper cable.  So now my Unraid machine is only  connected to the network with a DAC fiber cable (what I wanted) .

BUT now Unraid cannot connect to the net (for Apps updating or similar) because the new NIC (et1) has not a DNS .

Even in the network settings Im there is no option to set a DNS for the new NIC.

Any idea?

Captura de pantalla 2021-06-12 a las 13.00.06.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-06-12 a las 13.00.25.png

Edited by colorao
images updated
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I bought 2 x QLogic boards from Aliexpress.

The first one was installed into my unraid (X99 Huananzhi like) motherboard 

And the 2nd one into a Gigabyte B85 (pfSense). 

Both of them were recognised with no problem at all on both motherboards with no BIOS tweakinig nor extra configuration.

Unraid recognize it and I'm able to use it, but  the problem is when trying to define the QLogic as the main NIC instead of the embedded one.

Hope it helps

Appreciate the reply; I am trying exactly that, and while the device shows up with lspci -nn | grep -i fibre

02:00.0 Fibre Channel [0c04]: QLogic Corp. ISP8324-based 16Gb Fibre Channel to PCI Express Adapter [1077:2031] (rev 02)

UNRAID doesn't display it on the interfaces page, up and I can't find its path in /sys/class to see what UNRAID thinks it is.