(SOLVED) 2 Ethernet Ports

Hi All

I am on the very last part of my build; and I have a small issue with the Ethernet ports.

eth0 is 2.5G

eth1 is 10G

I would like eth1 to be my primary port, and should it fail for any reason eth0 becomes a backup.

Current Settings:

eth0

image.thumb.png.8b65b2c78dbb76ba47d172cca5af25d9.png

eth1

image.thumb.png.0bfcaaf630b37dffaea1c3d7a208c00d.png

When I plug the network cable in the 10G and drop the cable from the 2.5G - I loose connection via the web browser on another networked PC.

I know the answer is somewhere in these settings but I'm not exactly sure which things are wrong.  At a guess possibly bonding members of bond0 and should I set eth1 to bond?  If so which bonding mode should be set for eth1.  

Thanks 

Chris

Edited by SmokeyColes

So this is what I learnt for anyone else using the post.  eth0 is the primary and eth1 is the secondary.  

1. The one you need to be primary - select the MAC address in "Interface Rules".

2. In "Interface eth0" select bonding members of bond0 and select eth0 and eth1 with all the settings correct, and active-backup enabled.

3. eth1 then changes its layout and just says member of bond0.

4. plug both ethernet cables in and check the router which MAC address is correct, for me the 10G was (after adjusting it to eth0)

• SmokeyColes changed the title to (SOLVED) 2 Ethernet Ports