Hardware migration hit a snag "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started"

Hi there guys, I'm migrating one of my servers to a new motherboard :

1. Turned off array auto start
  2. Took a screenshot of the disk order
  3. Transported all HDDs and nvme's to the new system
  4. booted 
  5. noticed that one of the cache nvme's was missing (never started the array)
  6. powered off and re-seated the missing nvme device from a pci-e slot that seems to be the issue into another
  7. booted again, every drive was recognized but the cache pool didn't populate with the missing drive automatically
  8. if I try to assign the missing drive in it's original place it shows the following warning "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started"

At no point have I started the array so I think I'm still safe...my initial instinct was to rebuild the flash from the online backup...BUT... it seem to have been overwritten just as I booted (even without starting the array...doh...)

Seems to me that there is probably a very simple solution here but I'm not seeing it ...maybe because of the scary warning

Can anyone give me an insight?

Thanks

Hi there @jonathanm  thanks for the reply, just now I found an offsite (B2) "flash backup" generated last night which would certainly contain all config files needed for this to be repaired (don't really know where this cache pool info would be located but i'm sure it is in there right?), do you think that the safest way it is to do what you said even though I have some "cache only" shares on my server? Am I overthinking it and there's no real risk ?

Using your plan I would:

1. Turn VM and Dockers off
  2. Remove all devices from cache pool
  3. Start and Stop array
  4. Create a new cache pool with the same drives, in the same order as before

•  Plan B : Try to recover the configs from yesterday's backup 

Thanks