{SOLVED} Plex Docker Container Disappeared!

I just noticed Plex wasn't working and went to restart the Docker container when I noticed...it's gone!

Never had a Docker container simply disappear...do I just reinstall it? I guess? Or is there some underlying issue? Anyone else had something like this happen? Definite first for me...lol

After some Google-ing, I found this thread:

Reinstalling the container from the "previous apps" tab in the Apps tab seems to have fixed it. 

TIL: "Previous apps" is a thing and apparently, sometimes Docker containers get "orphaned". Interesting. lol

• rmp5s changed the title to {SOLVED} Plex Docker Container Disappeared!
13 minutes ago, Squid said:

Only real reason for an orphan appearing is if after an update the container was unable to start.  But, as you found it's quick and painless to fix.

Fortunately, yea. It was VERY easy to fix. Odd problem but hey...no harm, no foul I guess. lol

I have noticed that all my Docker containers have said "update unavailable" for a bit so that actually makes a lot of sense. Going through and forcing updates on everything so I don't have any more Docker containers wandering off. 😆

Hopefully someone else will make use of this thread in the future if nothing else. Thank you, my friend!

--Brent

12 hours ago, rmp5s said:

I don' wanna. 😆

Well, it is not present in 6.9 and it is the long term solution. I doubt the 6.8 branch will be continued.

For 6.8, this topic discuss the issue and propose a workaround. Note that you would need to add the fix to your go file so that the workaround survives a reboot.