Cache full -> write to array

I have been using Unraid for about a year now and today I have been sorting/moving some stuff. At some point my cache drive was full. Not a problem right? It should go to the array? But it does not seem to work, I thought it would automatically do that but perhaps I'm wrong and a full cache drive simply has never happend yet.

My cache pool:

image.thumb.png.a46aac1479e60777c299453719da438d.png

(I cancelled the file transfer so I guess ~10gb will be removed soon)

image.thumb.png.f4f3a7a948eb515ed6477709476f9594.png

The share I am writing to:

image.thumb.png.0f50c73407fc2cacaff9dc9c6d9a1903.png

"Yes indicates that all new files and subdirectories should be written to the Cache disk/pool, provided enough free space exists on the Cache disk/pool. If there is insufficient space on the Cache disk/pool, then new files and directories are created on the array. When the mover is invoked, files and subdirectories are transferred off the Cache disk/pool and onto the array."

So "if there is insufficient space the file will be created on the array". Right? Then why when I transfer a file through SMB I get a "There is not enough space on <share>"? Am I missing something?

I will now run the mover which will most likely fix it but this simply seems strange to me. Thanks for any advice!

• Upvote 1