Plex suddenly having problems with audio transcoding (I think).

Apologies in advance for the lack of info but I'm very new to UnRaid. In fact I just purchased my license yesterday. So, if logs of any sort would help solve this issue please just let me know what I can provide.

Anyway, I'm running into issues today with Plex. Direct Stream to my phone is working fine and in fact even transcoding the video seems to work. However, as soon as an audio stream needs to be transcoded the video player's loading icon just spins but fails to play or plays a few frames, then stops. This is the first I've noticed this problem since I started my UnRaid trial a couple of weeks and haven't changed any configuration settings since successfully watching a show last night.

If its at all helpful my setup for Plex is using an Intel iGPU and it seems to be successfully transcoding video. I'm using the Intel GPU TOP plugin as opposed to editing my GO file but have tried that as well with no avail. Best I can tell the issue seems to be the transcoding of the audio track. I tried pinning a couple CPUs to the Plex docker to see if that could fix the problem but had no luck there either. The issue persists with both the linuxserver and official container.

Thanks for any help you're able to provide.

1 minute ago, faxmado said:

Direct Stream to my phone is working fine and in fact even transcoding the video seems to work. However, as soon as an audio stream needs to be transcoded the video player's loading icon just spins but fails to play or plays a few frames, then stops

This often indicates corrupt audio codecs.  Delete the Codecs (or rename) folder from [path to appdata Plex container]/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server

This will force the recreation of the folder and download again the audio codecs as needed.

Could be another issue, but no harm in starting there.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Hoopster! That was it. I think what actually happened is that I'd had my share configured improperly and yesterday I enabled the mover schedule for the first time. When that kicked on last night I think it only pulled part of the PMS appdata over to the cache drive. Shut down all my containers, ran the mover again and set the shares to Cache Only. Things seem to be up and running again! Appreciate the quick help with this.