Best approach to: Remove 1 drive, Add 4 new drives, change the array configuration (SOLVED)

TL;DR version: Can I do all of these at the same time since parity will be invalidated and thus only need to rebuild parity once? Remove 1 8TB drive, add 4 12TB drives, and change the array configuration?

Long version:

I want to remove 1 8TB drive, add 4 new drives, and reset the array configuration, all in one go, instead of having to remove the 8TB drive, then have parity run, and then adding the 4 new drives and resetting the configuration, which will cause parity to run again.

- I have two parity drives (14TB)

- 8TB drive has been emptied using unbalance and no user shares are assigned to it.

- new drives have been precleared 

- reset my configuration to keep my current 2 14TB as parity followed by having all the 14TB drives on top, followed by the 12tbs and etc.

My current array:

image.thumb.png.e7e56a6015698724b58a802d74c7c14b.png

Edited by Docshaker
  • Docshaker changed the title to Best approach to: Remove 1 drive, Add 4 new drives, change the array configuration (SOLVED)