Keyboards going crazy under Windows 10 VM

Strange problem here: my keyboard started going crazy, resulting in strange behaviour (like opening hundreds and hundreds of tabs while browsing, slow or no response even to shift key and so on).

• I was passing USB devices from VM template. Even with vm turned off, the keyboard spammed my unraid logs with input overrun errors caused by the usb keyboard
  • thinking of a broken keyboard, i've changed it. Same problem with new keyboard
  • i've tried connecting the keyboard to a PCI usb card (FL1100) which I've binded to VFIO through system devices (and then passed to vm), but problem is the same
  • all other usb devices like mouse or usb drives work just fine (in Unraid, VMs or even dockers)
  • created a fresh vm, but still same problem only with keyboard
  • both keyboard work just fine on another machine

Really don't know where to start troubleshooting from. Let me know if and wich logs you need.

This problem started appering all of a sudden in unraid 6.8.3 and remained the same in 6.9.2.

Sorry if I sound so desperate but it's literally the only thing that prevents me calling my little unraid server 'just freakin' perfect'.

Thanks so much

Edited by melagodo
  • melagodo changed the title to Keyboards going crazy under Windows 10 VM