Execution error: internal error: Unknown PCI header type '127' for device '0000:08:00.0

Hi,

So, I have an Asus Prime B450M-A motherboard (single PCIe slot) and a single GTX 1080 Ti

I followed this tutorial:

However when attempting to add the .dump file for my GPU BIOS, I am unable to see the .dump file. So I used the terminal to mv the .dump file to .rom and then it appears available in Unraid. I made sure it's added in the same place in the XML view as indicated by SpaceInvader in this video. However when I attempt to start my VM, I get the error listed in the title.

I want to make sure I understand correctly - am I able to do GPU passthrough with a single GPU and single PCIe slot?

I've been struggling for many many hours to get this working, so any help is greatly appreciated.

I did want to mention: on Tech Power Up, for my GPU - there's actually 3 GPU's that look identical to mine.

Edited by itz4blitz

Just an update: I found that by stopping my VM, clicking edit, and disabling the USB peripheral devices, I no longer have issues with my mouse and keyboard freezing on the host machine and not seeing the html noVNC window.

I'm still getting a black screen whenever setting up my 1080Ti for GPU passthrough.

• itz4blitz changed the title to Execution error: internal error: Unknown PCI header type '127' for device '0000:08:00.0