VM templates will not update settings when changed

Hello,

I'm having an issue where I cannot change any of the settings in my VM template unless I manually update the XML itself. I even tried creating a new VM and it won't accept my inputs, it only goes to the default settings. I'm running UnRAID 6.9.2. Anyone else having this issue? any input would be appreciated! I haven't had the best of luck with these forums and I'm attempting to give this another shot here.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@acurunner79 may try wiping your system libvirt.img where the data is stored and reboot (or restart VM Service)

location is usually /mnt/user/system/libvirt/

image.png.380173c93e6b5d03301881c190eaf454.png

depending now how far you are and your VM's are updated, make your notes how you did set them up cause you have to redo them, after wiping just add a VM with the same settings and point to the existing image (usually vdisk1.img)

image.png.3f317d0c39cac167a3ed30843896d034.png

On 6/17/2021 at 5:34 AM, acurunner79 said:

I haven't had the best of luck with these forums and I'm attempting to give this another shot here.

On 6/25/2021 at 8:25 PM, acurunner79 said:

It's been over a week.... Are these forums just not the place to ask questions? 

and may consider leaving these things out as may some ppl dont like this attitude, as you see on the amount on help here its not common ...

• Thanks 1

@alturismo Thank you for the help! I've done the steps above, I can now create a vm and the setting do save.

After doing so, my vm will not allow vnc to open. It starts up and then the vnc connect disconnects. I also tried tried using my gpu which seems to saves but when I try to run my vm I get an error "internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor"

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 3.13.07 PM.png

• Like 1