[Support] Nginx Proxy Manager (NPM) Official

This is what you should see:

Screenshot_20220412_191942.thumb.png.237ab8f75df88511834490cf2bd54434.png

If this does not work:

A) Your router blocks Port 80

B) You don't have a public IPv4 (instead it's a proxified IP of your provider)

C) The traffic of Port 80 does not reach any target 

Check your router settings and verify if your are really having a public IPv4 (through your router, too).

4 minutes ago, carltonb said:

I just did it in my Firefox browser.

This is correct. My screenshot shows only the mobile chrome browser.

EDIT: ah one moment. Maybe you're router does not support hairpinning. Please test the IP from outside of your local network (cell phone mobile data).

I realize that after container has been created this process may vary slightly but is there a way to connect this container to multiple networks?

There’s a different version of NPM floating around and it supports such. Does this container support it too? If so, how does one set it up after container has already been created? Does the —net flag still need passed through?

For reference, this is other container, but wondering if this is applicable to this container too:

aa14866c0e137f4b3409173ec81476f2.png

On 4/12/2022 at 1:28 PM, mgutt said:

This is what you should see:

Screenshot_20220412_191942.thumb.png.237ab8f75df88511834490cf2bd54434.png

If this does not work:

A) Your router blocks Port 80

B) You don't have a public IPv4 (instead it's a proxified IP of your provider)

C) The traffic of Port 80 does not reach any target 

Check your router settings and verify if your are really having a public IPv4 (through your router, too).

Hello, i seem to be having a similar problem.

im using duckDNS, and if i go on my phone, (outside network) and enter my unraid public IP, with the port that is forwarded to the Nginx port, it works.

But if i use the duckDNS address, i get a 502 gateway error.

Any idea what im doing wrong?

Thanks!

Is there a reason I can't get any apps to work with websockets? I have 2 specifically that I have toggled the `Websockets Support` option and both apps are constantly complaining about websockets not working.

One of them in particular has a section for setting up NPM, and it was just toggling the option: https://github.com/advplyr/audiobookshelf#nginx-proxy-manager

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Nginx is returning router ip[192.168.0.1] instead of the client ip. This started to happen about a week ago, does anyone know why this is happening?

Logs look like this:

[23/Apr/2022:13:55:32 +0800] - 200 200 - GET https my.domain.com "/login" [Client 192.168.0.1] [Length 5753] [Gzip -] [Sent-to nextcloud] "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:99.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/99.0" "-"

Edited by Sat
remove domain and typo
21 hours ago, mgutt said:

I enabled websockets for Plex and it works.

Are you using an additional Proxy like cloudflare or do you have a proxified IPv4 address through your internet provider?

No, I had to enable some custom nginx config for it to work in Jellyfin, but no other apps work by just toggling that option

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t figure this out.  I adjusted unRAID’s http/https ports so I could assign 80 and 443 to NPM (I also had the same problem before I changed this, but this is current configuration).  My router has 80 and 443 forwarded correctly.  If I type my domain in by itself, I get the NPM congratulations page.  But if I put anything in front of it, such as unifi, plex, nginx, or www, I get ‘cannot open the page because cannot connect to server’.  But all services are running.  nginx forwards to port 81 and even when clicking the entry from within nginx on port 81, it still cannot connect to the server.

I am using CloudFlare, but dns only, no proxy there.  The entries are there.  I use a wildcard, but I’ve added the explicit cname as well when trying to troubleshoot.  With the wildcard there, no matter what I put in front of my domain, dig gives me the correct IP.

I know this is the reason I get internal errors when requesting an SSL certificate.

I just looked, and all settings for the container are the default you have it set to other than the ports actually being 80, 81, and 443 (unRAID’s GUI is now 60080 and 60443).  The only thing different is the network is using the custom bridge everything else uses so I can refer to other containers by their name.  I’m not doing that in NPM at the moment, I’m using actual IPs.  But I have tried names and IPs, and still same issue.

I just set it back to the default unRaid bridge to troubleshoot, still having the issue.  I just know this is something simple given my luck, I just cannot figure out what it might be.

Edited by Aquenon
2 hours ago, Aquenon said:

cannot open the page because cannot connect to server

This is a cloudflare error, correct?

I think it's an usual error 500. This means npm is not able to reach the container. Please check the debug part of 5xx errors on the first page of this thread.

On 5/4/2022 at 12:27 AM, mgutt said:

This is a cloudflare error, correct?

I think it's an usual error 500. This means npm is not able to reach the container. Please check the debug part of 5xx errors on the first page of this thread.

It wasn’t a CloudFlare problem, though I double checked to be sure.  I had already done steps 1-3 of your debug section, and step 4 worked as well, but it was your curl commands that led me to my problem.  They worked just fine until I swapped the IPs with the URLs and suddenly I wasn’t getting any response.  No codes, no anything, it was timing out.  I went back to my app and it was working fine.  Then digging into the app, I found that it had its own DNS settings and wasn’t using mine.  When I forced it to mine, it started timing out as well, although every other URL worked just fine.

I pulled out my phone and disabled WiFi so I was coming at it externally, and every site I set up in NPM worked perfect.  Turns out my DNS server had a setting that wouldn’t allow my domain to be forwarded on to an upstream server.  I turned that setting off, and everything works.  I knew it was something simple, and thankfully your suggestion led me to it.

Thank you!

Edited by Aquenon