[Support] Nginx Proxy Manager (NPM) Official

Hey all, 

I'm brand new to unraid and was working on setting up this Nginix container. Whenever I try and run it with host network it installs fine but I'm not able to reach the web ui. When I go to the logs I get continuous error of "nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:80 failed (98: Address already in use)" 

Any thoughts on why this would be? it's a brand new unraid install so not sure why it would be showing as "address already in use"...

2 hours ago, chris.olson said:

it's a brand new unraid install so not sure why it would be showing as "address already in use"...

Unraid's own GUI runs on 80/443 by default, that's why the mapping for NPM defaults to something else.

If you want you can move unraid's GUI to other ports to free them for NPM.

Edited by Kilrah

Hi All.

Really need some help as the NginX docker seems to started acting strange for me.

So was simply trying to add a new SSL this evening and it kept giving me an internal error or a functional set of error codes that I couldn't copy down before writing this post.

Long story short I tried to reboot my server and now although the container starts up as always the Webgui will not load at all either using the internal IP or the subdomain i have set-up for it as the subdomain (or any of the ones i have set-up for various containers) . looking in the logs all I seem to get is the following that constantly repeats itself

❯ Enabling IPV6 in hosts: /data/nginx
  ❯ /data/nginx/default_host/site.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/1.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/3.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/4.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/5.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/6.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/14.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/16.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/15.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/17.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/9.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/18.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/19.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/2.conf
nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate "/etc/letsencrypt/live/npm-17/fullchain.pem": BIO_new_file() failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/etc/letsencrypt/live/npm-17/fullchain.pem','r') error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)

I have tried redownloading the container but does the same thing.

any help appreciated/

On 9/5/2022 at 2:01 AM, enigma27 said:

No such file or directory:fopen('/etc/letsencrypt/live/npm-17/fullchain.pem','r')

That is your error. The file is missing in the path /etc/letsencrypt. This path is linked to your /mnt/user/appdata/npm dir:

image.png.10b5bf32564953b3c739b1962a46cf10.png

And this means your appdata is broken somehow or whatever the reason was that it was not able to create the .pem-file.

Maybe you can fix this temporarily by copying the fullchain.pem from a different dir like npm-18. Or you could try to edit the  /data/nginx/proxy_host/?!.conf and remove the SSL part. Should look like this:

image.png.03bd47a209019f2f2004a37bc33ded91.png

Note: The pem-dir does not automatically get the same number as the dir of the host.conf. So double check which conf file really contains the "npm-17" line.

Hi,

How do I get Homarr (192.168.0.100:7575) to show up on the "home page" (sanctuary.lan) instead of this?

image.thumb.png.4dc812e107509d44b81defb6ed814c3e.png

Here is my PiHole Local DNS records:

image.png.cc037c1766d6974458a6fd6c44e5f2e0.png

Here are my proxy hosts:

image.thumb.png.2b45908b25383f159509ffbfefb3b0cc.png

Everything else works btw.

Thanks!

EDIT: seems like I just needed to clear my cache

Edited by Tyestor
fixed

Just setup Nginx Proxy Manager on Unraid, have been using Nginx Reverse Proxy previously on my OpenMediaVault server without any issues. I have the docker setup to use port 8080 and 4443, these ports are port forwarded in the router from 80-8080 and 443-4443. It works great to access things like Home Assistant from my external domain.

For some reason I cannot use the external domain (home.example.com) to connect to services like Home Assistant when I am in my local network (same as the Unraid server).

It will not connect. As soon as I leave my network it works great.

This never happened when I used Nginx Reverse Proxy on my OpenMediaVault server, so I don't understand why I have issues when using Unraid for this?

Edited by jockebq
2 hours ago, jockebq said:

For some reason I cannot use the external domain (home.example.com) to connect to services like Home Assistant when I am in my local network (same as the Unraid server).

Some possible reasons:

1. Your domain does not resolve to the public IP. Instead it uses the local IP, which bypasses your router port forwarding (which means 443 hits nothing as NPM listens only on 4443)

2. You router das not support hairpinning / nat loopback. Such a router does not support accessing a domain with it's public IP.

3. You have enabled IPv6 (does not allow Port forwarding)

14 hours ago, mgutt said:

Some possible reasons:

1. Your domain does not resolve to the public IP. Instead it uses the local IP, which bypasses your router port forwarding (which means 443 hits nothing as NPM listens only on 4443)

2. You router das not support hairpinning / nat loopback. Such a router does not support accessing a domain with it's public IP.

3. You have enabled IPv6 (does not allow Port forwarding)

Sorry about my previous post. I just realised that the issue is different from what I thought. There is no issue when using my local network to connect to my external domains (home.example.com). The issue is when I am connected via WireGuard (that's why I thought it did not work locally). If I am connected via WireGuard to my Unraid server, which also runs Home Assistant and Nginx Proxy Manager, I cannot reach my external domains (home.example.com) as long as I am connected. Everything works great if I am not connected to WireGuard.

WireGuard is configured as Remote Tunneled Access.

How do I solve this?

Hi guys, i'm here again. 😅

My unraid server had a power loss.

After i boot, everythin is working fine. All dockers are ok, all the networks are ok, VMS ok. 

But the remote acess is not working due to a SSL handshake error. But i didn't changed anything, it only went offline.

image.thumb.png.6ed30811998b0dc4498ef650fad649e4.png

This is my emby server.

Docker is ok:

image.thumb.png.2ae92e89e743d8b88290113623d08f3a.png

NPM is ok, like always, didn't touched anything there.

image.thumb.png.5ef0dd1e791b5a1caa7f5bd12795e20a.png

What after a power loss, could cause this?

Thanks in advanced

3 hours ago, mgutt said:

Don't know. But the easiest fix should ve to delete the SSL certificate and obtain a new one.

Just did, deleted the old, made a new one with key in CloudFlare, deleted in NPM, upload the new one. Keeps getting the error. :(

After putting the new SSL, i restart NPM, this is the log:

[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
❯ Enabling IPV6 in hosts: /etc/nginx/conf.d
  ❯ /etc/nginx/conf.d/include/assets.conf
  ❯ /etc/nginx/conf.d/include/block-exploits.conf
  ❯ /etc/nginx/conf.d/include/force-ssl.conf
  ❯ /etc/nginx/conf.d/include/ip_ranges.conf
  ❯ /etc/nginx/conf.d/include/letsencrypt-acme-challenge.conf
  ❯ /etc/nginx/conf.d/include/proxy.conf
  ❯ /etc/nginx/conf.d/include/ssl-ciphers.conf
  ❯ /etc/nginx/conf.d/include/resolvers.conf
  ❯ /etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf
  ❯ /etc/nginx/conf.d/production.conf
❯ Enabling IPV6 in hosts: /data/nginx
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/3.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/5.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/6.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/8.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/4.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/1.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/2.conf
  ❯ /data/nginx/proxy_host/7.conf
[9/15/2022] [9:32:05 PM] [Migrate  ] › ℹ  info      Current database version: none
[9/15/2022] [9:32:05 PM] [Setup    ] › ℹ  info      Logrotate Timer initialized
[9/15/2022] [9:32:05 PM] [Setup    ] › ℹ  info      Logrotate completed.
[9/15/2022] [9:32:05 PM] [IP Ranges] › ℹ  info      Fetching IP Ranges from online services...
[9/15/2022] [9:32:05 PM] [IP Ranges] › ℹ  info      Fetching https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json
[9/15/2022] [9:32:06 PM] [IP Ranges] › ℹ  info      Fetching https://www.cloudflare.com/ips-v4
[9/15/2022] [9:32:06 PM] [IP Ranges] › ℹ  info      Fetching https://www.cloudflare.com/ips-v6
[9/15/2022] [9:32:06 PM] [SSL      ] › ℹ  info      Let's Encrypt Renewal Timer initialized
[9/15/2022] [9:32:06 PM] [SSL      ] › ℹ  info      Renewing SSL certs close to expiry...
[9/15/2022] [9:32:06 PM] [IP Ranges] › ℹ  info      IP Ranges Renewal Timer initialized
[9/15/2022] [9:32:06 PM] [Global   ] › ℹ  info      Backend PID 247 listening on port 3000 ...
[9/15/2022] [9:32:07 PM] [Nginx    ] › ℹ  info      Reloading Nginx
[9/15/2022] [9:32:07 PM] [SSL      ] › ℹ  info      Renew Complete
`QueryBuilder#allowEager` method is deprecated. You should use `allowGraph` instead. `allowEager` method will be removed in 3.0
`QueryBuilder#eager` method is deprecated. You should use the `withGraphFetched` method instead. `eager` method will be removed in 3.0
QueryBuilder#omit is deprecated. This method will be removed in version 3.0
Model#$omit is deprected and will be removed in 3.0.

Hi, hoping to get a reverse proxy up and running today on my Unraid box. Still haven't decided between NPM, SWAG, Caddy etc, although leaning towards NPM right now.

Just curious what makes this container "Official"? As far as I can see it's not mentioned on the Github, dockerhub or NPM website.

1 hour ago, mgutt said:

The container is from the user "jc21" as you can see by the repo name "jc21/nginx-proxy-manager". And "jc21" is the founder of the NPM project:

https://jc21.com/2018/02/nginx-proxy-manager.html

Ah so it's JC21's container, but you've created a CA template with some preset paths etc? (not downplaying your contribution, just trying to understand!)

Jlesage's container is actually referenced on the NPM Website, which had me confused
https://nginxproxymanager.com/third-party/

EDIT: I was able to fix this.

The issue seemed to be that I was using a deprecated user template with my settings, which were not compatible with the latest release of NGINX Proxy Manager.

Installing the application with the new template from Community Applications fixed it.

Hello,

I have an issue where NGINX Proxy Manager is completely ignoring my Port Mapping with a custom docker network. For Unraids WebUI, I changed the default ports 80 to 81 and 443 to 444 and used Port 80 and Port 443 exclusively for NGINX Proxy Manager successfully for multiple years.

Yesterday I updated to Unraid 6.11 and since then NGINX Proxy Manager only responds to ports 8080 and 4443. No matter what ports I enter and which network is assigned, only those ports are answering. Downgrading to Unraid 6.10.3 didn't help. Re-deploying NXING Proxy Manager with a fresh config (deleted my config folder before) also didn't help.

My configuration looks like following:

grafik.thumb.png.06768611f84e75bbca14ef4fdd4f02fc.png

The issue is not happening with other containers, where custom ports are working when I add them to my proxynet network.

Might this be an issue with the latest release or is there some way to fix this?

Edited by Taramu

I'm having trouble getting NPM to forward to my Ombi docker container. Both NPM and Ombi are hosted on the same unraid server. I can get NPM to forward to an external raspberry pi, but not to ombi on the same machine. I can access ombi by IP directly but not FQDN. My configs are below. What am I doing wrong here? 

ByFQDN.PNG

ByIP.PNG

NPM.PNG

NPM-ombi-config.PNG

UnRAID Docker.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have been using this container for a few months without any issues. Today I started getting alerts my docker .img file was near capacity (79GB out of 100GB in use). I started to dig into which container was consuming space, and noticed NPM is currently using 68.4GB. It increased a couple GB within the course of 30 or so minutes, so I've turned off this container for now.

I'm not entirely sure where to start debugging an issue like this -- would love your thoughts/feedback.

Edit: I did look for any other post/comment with this problem and came up short. Please feel free to link me to a different chain if this isn't a new problem.

Edit2: I did a force update on the container, and now it's 900MB. Though without knowing why it balooned, I'd wager it'll continue to grow in size again.

Edited by TheLargeFries