[Support] Nginx Proxy Manager (NPM) Official

10 minutes ago, jackfalveyiv said:

Is there a way to increase the timeout for host requests for all proxy hosts?  I notice when I hit some Arr apps my manual search requests time out if there are too many results to load, I'm curious as to whether or not this is a timeout issue that I can increase the time interval for.  Thanks in advance.

The other day JC21 mentioned he was working on/considering making it a variable. I guess at some point the old certificates pileup and slow it down and it times out. It was discussed that using using very prune helped. 

Maybe here: https://github.com/NginxProxyManager/nginx-proxy-manager/issues/2713

or here: https://github.com/NginxProxyManager/nginx-proxy-manager/issues/2708

poke around though; I know I just saw others Fussing about same thing recently 😀

11 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

All fine here, but unlike some I didn't mess with stuff trying to fix things.

I did not mess anything too, even rolled in the backup from last week. But when I went to :latest again today after your message, it still did not start, so I went instantly back to 2.9.22.

(and I guess I will stay there forever, do not see anything that needs "improvement")

22 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

The other day JC21 mentioned he was working on/considering making it a variable. I guess at some point the old certificates pileup and slow it down and it times out. It was discussed that using using very prune helped. 

Maybe here: https://github.com/NginxProxyManager/nginx-proxy-manager/issues/2713

or here: https://github.com/NginxProxyManager/nginx-proxy-manager/issues/2708

poke around though; I know I just saw others Fussing about same thing recently 😀

Thanks for the tip, I'll see what I can see...

13 minutes ago, jackfalveyiv said:

Thanks for the tip, I'll see what I can see...

Just proceed with caution; someone mentioned too cert prune needed updating but I think for what you'd need it would still work - id hate to be wrong make sure to back things up please mate 🙂

Can someone help with the best implementation for Seafile's WebDAV configuration please?

https://manual.seafile.com/extension/webdav/

I have the seafdav.conf file in the right location, using "/seafdav" as my share name / path.

I use Nginx Proxy Manager in-front of the Seafile container with my custom URL as a Proxy Host.

How do I add in the extra Nginx config? Should this be:

• A "Custom Location" inside the Proxy Host config?
  • A new Proxy Host?
  • A new Redirection Host?
50 minutes ago, explosionhole said:

I have the seafdav.conf file in the right location, using "/seafdav" as my share name / path.

I dont know that seafood thing, but I guess, you are wrong, "/" should be the correct path.

This is, because the thing is not "behind" a webserver, but behind an (invisible) reverse proxy.

Within the docker's webserver, the seamonster is the only "application" and therefor belongs to the webroot.

within NPM this would be a new proxy host pointing <ip>:8080

(btw: MANY dockers run on 8080, so you may need to use the bridge mode and assign a different port to your seacow).

4 hours ago, MAM59 said:

I dont know that seafood thing, but I guess, you are wrong, "/" should be the correct path.

This is, because the thing is not "behind" a webserver, but behind an (invisible) reverse proxy.

Within the docker's webserver, the seamonster is the only "application" and therefor belongs to the webroot.

within NPM this would be a new proxy host pointing <ip>:8080

(btw: MANY dockers run on 8080, so you may need to use the bridge mode and assign a different port to your seacow).

So the basis of choosing another proxy host, rather than redirection host, is the use of a different endpoint / port? Thanks for that nugget.

Given that this is all hosted within a single container, which may have different ports exposed, I wasn't sure how NPM interacted with it.

Their documentation states to not use "/" behind a proxy, as this is already configured for the main app routing. But I haven't tried it - querying the community if there is prior experience.

So I will try with my existing path first. Can re-deploy the containers with the other config.

1 hour ago, explosionhole said:

Their documentation states to not use "/" behind a proxy, as this is already configured for the main app routing. But I haven't tried it

NPM is not a proxy, it's a "REVERSE PROXY".

It takes incoming connections to the common webports, looks at the wanted domain name and forwards the packets according the list of configured proxy hosts in its list.

Optionally it can add a certificate for that connection and supply Cypher services with SLL.

It does not care about any paths, it just passes the requests from the external clients on to the proxy host (which can run on a different address and a different port) and sends back the replies to the originating client. It cannot and does not check if there is a correct path, or even a path at all. That is all handled within the proxy host.

Got this up and running, as I had expected...

The end-user request would look like `https://full.domain.name/webdav`, so for Seafile config of the WebDAV component is in a file (specified within the Seafile container config) `<seafile-data-location>/seafile/conf/seafdav.conf`:

[WEBDAV]
enabled = true
port = 8089
share_name = /seafdav

On the NPM side, as it is a "route" rather than an entirely separately hosted solution it needs a "Custom Location", inside the existing Proxy Host for the above site, that points my `full.domain.name` to the internal container's point, in my case" `http://tower:8082`:

Scheme: `http`
Forward Hostname/IP: `tower`
Forward Port: `8089` (from above config file)

Hello, 

Maybe you can help me figure out what happened here.  I had this up and running, and no problems at all.  Then this morning, none of my proxy's work.  

In the log it says this.  

"[4/3/2023] [7:25:44 AM] [SSL      ] › ✖  error     Error: Command failed: certbot renew --non-interactive --quiet --config "/etc/letsencrypt.ini" --work-dir "/tmp/letsencrypt-lib" --logs-dir "/tmp/letsencrypt-log" --preferred-challenges "dns,http" --disable-hook-validation  
Failed to renew certificate npm-1 with error: Some challenges have failed.
Failed to renew certificate npm-2 with error: Some challenges have failed.
Failed to renew certificate npm-4 with error: Some challenges have failed.
All renewals failed. The following certificates could not be renewed:"

when I try to go in there and request a new certificate for the site I get this...

"[4/3/2023] [7:54:48 AM] [Express  ] › ⚠  warning   Command failed: certbot certonly --config "/etc/letsencrypt.ini" --work-dir "/tmp/letsencrypt-lib" --logs-dir "/tmp/letsencrypt-log" --cert-name "npm-11" --agree-tos --authenticator webroot --email "email" --preferred-challenges "dns,http" --domains "site name" 

Any thoughts? 

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Does the domain still exist? Port 80 still forwarded to npm?

Yeah, they are duckdns domains, and I just checked, they are still there and still show.  I just checked my ports, I dont use port 80, I use port 83....but they are setup correctly in the container, and its the same in my router. 

3 minutes ago, coltonc18 said:

Yeah, they are duckdns domains, and I just checked, they are still there and still show.  I just checked my ports, I dont use port 80, I use port 83....but they are setup correctly in the container, and its the same in my router. 

As two examples...this is what I get when I try to access Home Assistant and Overseer.

2023-04-03_14-05-41.jpg

2023-04-03_14-05-32.jpg

27 minutes ago, MAM59 said:

you cannot use a different port than 80. Letsencrypt demands the use of 80.

Maybe THAT is your problem currently???

I've been using a different port for like 6 months because port 80 is used by something else without an issue....let me look and see what is using 80, and try to switch stuff around. 

strange, couldn't figure out what was on port 80, so started looking elsewhere, saw someone else mention a similar issue on another page, and someone said to check websocket support...for whatever reason websocket support had become unchecked on Nginx proxy page.  Now all of my proxies are working again. 

Hi there, thanks for the awesome plugin that you've made!

I am using the NPM docker from the APPS via Community Applications, and I recently I have a small problem of my NPM docker app,
image.png.c9a80a33b6e0c97580b11132a1c622c1.png
the version of the docker is suddenly turned into "not available" and doesn't auto-update anymore.

And now it is a few versions behind the newest one, and I'm quite worried about it since is it a core docker for everything and security.

Is that anyway to fix this problem? Thank you all!

image.png

3 minutes ago, samuel3s said:

Hi there, thanks for the awesome plugin that you've made!

I am using the NPM docker from the APPS via Community Applications, and I recently I have a small problem of my NPM docker app,
image.png.c9a80a33b6e0c97580b11132a1c622c1.png
the version of the docker is suddenly turned into "not available" and doesn't auto-update anymore.

And now it is a few versions behind the newest one, and I'm quite worried about it since is it a core docker for everything and security.

Is that anyway to fix this problem? Thank you all!

image.png

There is a manual fix; but find the information about the plugin. The plugin is what you want: 

EDIT: Found it: image.png

Edited by blaine07
32 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

There is a manual fix; but find the information about the plugin. The plugin is what you want: 

EDIT: Found it: image.png

Sorry, I didn't know there has a topic for this issue already, and the method perfectly solved the problem.

Ps. notes to myself and anyone else. if you can't find the "Docker Patch" on the "Community Applications", your Unraid needs to update.

Thank you Sir/Madam, hope you have a wonderful day!

Hi There,

I use the auto-update plugin nightly to update my docker apps.  

For whatever reason, when the NPM docker container restarts, i'd say 6 out of 10 times, it won't actually work.  I won't notice until later on in the day when i can't access any of my websites.  If i manually shut down and start the container again, NPM works properly.  The only error i get is "connection refused" and here's what's showing up in the logs:

text  error  warn  system  array  login  

s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service prepare: starting
id: 'npmuser': no such user
s6-rc: fatal: timed out
/run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.init: warning: s6-rc failed to properly bring all the services up! Check your logs (in /run/uncaught-logs/current if you have in-container logging) for more information.
s6-sudoc: fatal: unable to get exit status from server: Operation timed out
❯ Configuring npmuser ...

Hoping somebody can help me figure out why this is happening.  

Thanks,

18 hours ago, st1994 said:

Hi There,

I use the auto-update plugin nightly to update my docker apps.  

For whatever reason, when the NPM docker container restarts, i'd say 6 out of 10 times, it won't actually work.  I won't notice until later on in the day when i can't access any of my websites.  If i manually shut down and start the container again, NPM works properly.  The only error i get is "connection refused" and here's what's showing up in the logs:

text  error  warn  system  array  login  

s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service prepare: starting
/run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.init: warning: s6-rc failed to properly bring all the services up! Check your logs (in /run/uncaught-logs/current if you have in-container logging) for more information.
s6-sudoc: fatal: unable to get exit status from server: Operation timed out
❯ Configuring npmuser ...

Thanks,

I am having the exact same issue.

EDIT: After running the tool "Docker Safe New Perms" resolved the issue for me.

Edited by James Sartorelli
12 minutes ago, James Sartorelli said:

After running the tool "Docker Safe New Perms" resolved the issue for me.

Doesn't make sense as the tool does not change perms of docker related files (as the name says).

I use the auto-update plugin

Just my 2 cents: Something I would never use without a proper auto backup / restore mechanism. In our company we are doing auto updates, but never auto upgrades (which means we would never use npm:latest). And after each update, we check if important services are still alive and if not, we automatically rollback to the last snapshot. 

22 minutes ago, James Sartorelli said:
/run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.init: warning: s6-rc failed to properly bring all the services up!

Ask regarding this error at GitHub. This is not related to unRAID.

NPM made some changes that break things, there are already issues open about it on github, several of us are staying on version 2.9.22 until they decide how they're going to handle it...

4 hours ago, mgutt said:

Doesn't make sense as the tool does not change perms of docker related files (as the name says).

Just my 2 cents: Something I would never use without a proper auto backup / restore mechanism. In our company we are doing auto updates, but never auto upgrades (which means we would never use npm:latest). And after each update, we check if important services are still alive and if not, we automatically rollback to the last snapshot. 

Ask regarding this error at GitHub. This is not related to unRAID.

My apologies -- I was wrong;  it was in fact the backup plugin that i'm using to back up my docker containers nightly that's causing the restart.  After the containers restart is when I encounter this issue.