Cache share for downloads continues to get data stored on it from other share not set to use a cache

I have a cache 3 TB HDD used for downloads, for some reason it continues to get data moved to it from a Media share even though the media share is set to not use a cache drive. I've mode the data off it once before and reformatted it but now its almost full again. I checked the Media share settings and its set to all disks with No Cache. I also notice that under shares it shows that some of the share is not redundant which I would suspect is this drive

36 minutes ago, dodgeman said:

data moved to it

What is doing the moving? Is it moving from another share on cache? You may need to copy to destination share then delete from source share since linux might just be "renaming" to a new path on the same disk instead of actually moving.

So I am not sure what is doing the moving when I started with the Shared I created a Downloads folder inside is Complete and Incomplete. Now at the same level is a folder called Media and it has sub folders and they are named the same as my subfolders on my Media share but these contain a small subset of the files of the Media share on the Array.

Radarr, Sonarr,sabnz,deluge

I went to the Media share and viewed the content from the GUI and it showed the download disk in the listing, so I updated the download share to only use all of the specific disks in the array. I am now moving the files from the download share to the media share and they are moving slowly not just moving a pointer to the file like in a share move. I hope this resolves the issue.

57 minutes ago, trurl said:

Have no idea what you mean here. The user shares are just another view of the disks, there are no pointers involved.

I was trying to say how when you move between folders on the same disk rather than moving between disk.  Now that I have set the share to specifically use all 22 disks in my array rather then selecting All the files are transferring to one of the disks in the array off the download cache drive.

1 hour ago, dodgeman said:

I have a warning triangle on both the download share and the media share and I do not know why on the media share. 

Have you looked to see if you have a ‘media’ folder on the cache?   This will give those symptoms even if there is no content inside that folder.

• 2 weeks later...

For yuks I checked the actual cache and there was a folder labeled media but I've not put this drive in the media share pool. I deleted it and now the triangle is gone, so one myster solved. Also is been a while and the cache is no longer getting folders added so all issues are resolved.

Thanks