Which 6 port (or more) SATA controller for Asus M4A785T-M mainboard?

Hi!

I'm currently using an Asus M4A785T-M Mainboard for my Unraid server. All six SATA ports are in use, so I need a SATA controller to add more drives.

The motherboard offers one PCIe x16, one PCIe x1 and two PCI expansion slots. I guess the PCI and the PCIe x1 slots are too slow for a SATA controller so I hope the PCIe x16 slot is not for graphic cards only?

Unfortunately I have no idea which expansion card I should buy.  ??? I would like to add six more HDDs over the next months, drives > 2TB must be supported. I would also like to use the preclear script for new drives so I think SMART information are important?

Can anyone recommend a card with these requirements and which will works with the Asus motherboard and unraid?

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. I found this thread which says that the SASLP is not compatible with a M4A785-M motherboard. I use a M4A785T-M motherboard but it seems to be quite similar. Therefore, I ask myself if my motherboard could also have problems with this card.

Furthermore, it seems difficult to get the SASLP in Germany. I've only found one shop which offers the card for over $200. Quite expensive.