new build won't enter BIOS with LSI 9207-8i (IBM M5110) PCIe card installed

Sitting on the breadboard right now. I can get into the BIOS and even boot to the unRAID USB with the CPU, RAM, and m.2 SSD insalled, but with the LSI card in the x16 slot I get nothing but a blank screen. The green LED on the card is blinking and the heatsink is getting warm, but still no magic after 15 minutes in this state. This is a used/refurb card that I found on eBay advertised as already flashed into IT mode and ready for unRAID, trueNAS, etc.

At this point, I'm wondering about two things: 1) is this card compatible with my motherboard? I did a cursory search but didn't turn up anything meaningful. I can't imagine why they shouldn't work together, but it's one possibility. 2) is this card working as it should? I got it from a reputable seller, but I suppose unexpected failures can and do occur during shipping.  

I have been crawling through a few forum posts of people with problems similar to mine, but none of what I've found seems to be getting me anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hardware:

intel core i5-9400T

Gigabyte B365M DS3H motherboard

2x Team Elite 16GB DDR4 3200

Sabrent Rocket Q 500GB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280

LSI 9207-8i (IBM M5110) RAID card, flashed to IT mode*

On 6/27/2021 at 7:59 AM, Zonediver said:

Maybe a defective controller...

Beginning to lean in that direction.

Spamming Ctrl-C or Ctrl-S on startup doesn't affect behavior. The computer boots up and the green LED on the card blinks for a few seconds and then two red LEDs flash and the whole rig, or the fans at least, cuts off and powers back up. It will stay in that state and just get warmer indefinitely it seems.

At this point I intend to reach out to the seller and see if they have any better ideas before settling on a return. Thanks a bunch for the help.

• 2 weeks later...