Feature suggestion: Mobile friendly WebUI

7 hours ago, Squid said:

Not a complete answer, but Settings - Display Settings, the option there for Font Size happens to be PER DEVICE.  Your desktop can have it set to normal whereas your phone can be set to HUGE.

Good to know, thanks Squid 

EDIT: actually that didn't work. I set font size to huge on Vivaldi mobile and my Vivaldi Windows browser font size increased. Its probably some Vivaldi sync thing with the browser causing it

Edited by CatMilk
adding in update
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/6/2021 at 10:20 PM, nathan909 said:

+1
Seems as if the minimum width is 1260

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

This. ^^^  I'm a professional web developer, and I know for a fact that no matter the site, forcing a minimum width is unnecessary. Let things flow and scale, my dudes. ;)

I often open the unRAID interface on one of my side monitors, which are pivoted 24", so effectively 1200x1920. I have to zoom out to 90% in the browser to get the full width of the interface to show. :-/

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Would it be possible to experiment with some of these ideas as a plugin or something? Because if so, I would be very interested in trying to create a plugin/addon for that myself.

Now that I think about it, I know there is already a systems for themes, either built-in or available as an addon, but I never really bother to play around with it or to look into the limitations of what can already be done using those tools...

• 1 month later...

When using the UNRAID WebUI on a mobile phone, all the text are really small and hard to read - basically using the normal desktop UI. If the WebUI was optimised for mobile, it will make remote monitoring a lot simpler and easier. 

Potentially, we could take this a step further and use a mobile phone app. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi all, 
any chance of a mobile friendly ui being implemented? Current experience on mobile is terrible.

Yes please, i want a mobile app or responsive webpage cuz now we all need to find 3rd party software to monitor the Server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you provide more specifications as to what you define as mobile? What size screen? What browser?

For the most part I find the current UI usable on my Android Tablet with Chrome browser, but I know that my tablet has better screen resolution than what most users are likely using.

Mobile - means smartphones like for 6” screens with scrolling up/down only UI

but indeed on a tablet its good - i have ipad pro 12” and it’s perfectly usable there but an standalone app or phone in-mind UI will be also nice for quick monitoring on stuff or basic actions at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
On 6/15/2022 at 7:00 PM, BRiT said:

Can you provide more specifications as to what you define as mobile? What size screen? What browser?

For the most part I find the current UI usable on my Android Tablet with Chrome browser, but I know that my tablet has better screen resolution than what most users are likely using.

A responsive web design for 6 inch screens, 1080p in portrait mode would definitely be a good standard. The current dashboard already uses a card style layout. Having them shrunk down a bit and stacked on top of each other with enlarged fonts would be an excellent start. Compress the top menu inside a hamburger (more) menu. Chrome browser for sure.

I looked into using apps from the play store, but it seems that many people complain that they stopped working since 6.9.2 and nothing but complaints after that. I would feel more comfortable just logging straight into my server instead of giving an app my password and having it decide what info I see and who knows what it will do to my server. 

Edited by Scott Nielson
  • Like 1

Then it seems like a great excuse for a UI redesign. The website and even the forums here are responsive. Everything to do with interacting with UnRAID is responsive web design, with the exception of the actual product. I'm not suggesting that it wouldn't take effort. I'm just saying that it would be a great value add, and probably easier to maintain than apps for Apple and Android by a long shot. Not to mention, a new UI makes everything feel brand new. 

• 3 weeks later...