Added new SSD as unassigned device, format option is greyed out

I added a new 1TB SSD to my server this morning as an unassigned device and I am unable to format it as the option is greyed out.

I have done some Googling and I did find a post that mentioned 'edit settings' and to turn off the passthrough feature, but for the life of me I can't find where that 'edit settings' is located.

I am running unRAID 6.9.2

I have attached two screen shots to show the drive and the fact that with the array started I have no 'Format' option to format the drive, also the drive itself shows no 'settings' icon either.

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 9.51.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 9.51.43 AM.png

Edited by ashman70
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Xcage said:

most of them being written by smart-asses who aren't for some reason interested in helping , instead teaching you to use search feature

I haven't really noticed those, and I read a lot of posts.

Anyone telling you to use the "search feature" can be ignored because anybody that really knows anything knows the "search feature" doesn't work that well. Better off using Google with "site:forums.unraid.net" in your search to find anything here.

4 hours ago, Xcage said:

Thanks for the answer btw , looked through several posts , most of them being written by smart-asses who aren't for some reason interested in helping , instead teaching you to use search feature and waste their , and my time

Sometimes it will be suggested to post on the forum that is appropriate for the issue being presented so the user can get a quicker answer.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, dlandon said:

Sometimes it will be suggested to post on the forum that is appropriate for the issue being presented so the user can get a quicker answer.

😉

And, you can go directly to the correct support thread for any of your plugins by clicking on its Support Link on the Plugins page of the webUI on your server.

You can also go directly to the correct support thread for any of your dockers by clicking on its icon and selecting Support.

• JorgeB locked this topic